4 Hacks to Make Your Perfume Last All Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

After splurging on a luxury perfume, it is nice to have it last all day. But, with this Florida heat and humidity, it can be difficult to maintain that scent all day. So, here are four hacks to use to keep you smelling fabulous all day long:

1. Don’t store your perfume in the bathroom.

The humid air and heat after showers circulating the room can really affect the chemical composition of the perfume. Try storing it on your desk or vanity.

If you want to be Pinterest level extra, you can even get an inexpensive cake stand from a thrift store or Target, and store all your favorite bottles on it to give your room a chic look!

2. Want your hair smellin’ fine? DON’T spray directly on your hair. Use a hairbrush instead!

Spraying perfume, which has an alcohol base, can damage and dry out your hair. If you want your hair to smell special, spray your fragrance on your hairbrush and then brush your hair with it. I, personally, love using this trick after I blow-dry my hair.

3. Vaseline is a life saver.

When you finally find your favorite scent, you want to make the most out of it and have it last through the day.

The trick to that is to rub a little bit of Vaseline on your pulse points; wrists, behind your ears, collarbone, inside of your elbow, behind your knee, bellybutton, and your ankles. Then, spray your fragrance on those same areas. Not only will it last all day, but it’ll smell as if you just sprayed it.

Also, after you shower make sure to apply lotion and moisturize BEFORE applying the perfume. It will work in the same way as the Vaseline and prolong your fragrance.

4. Keep a travel size version of your scent in your purse or backpack.

Lugging around a huge bottle is not only dangerous if it breaks but also annoying and heavy. Instead, keep your eye out for samples at beauty or department stores for small samples of your perfume.

Sometimes stores like Macy’s, Dillard’s, Bloomingdale’s or Nordstrom, or even Sephora and Ulta will hold “fragrance events” where they give out samples and deluxe samples. Take advantage, and stock up on all your favorite scents, so you can pop one in your bag anytime you leave the house.

Media: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Nicole is currently a junior at UCF working towards a B.A. in Human Communication. Besides writing articles and managing the Her Campus social media, Nicole loves to practice violin, watch an unhealthy amount of La La Land or organize her Vogue magazine collection. One day she hopes to attend the Met Ball, the Oscars and Paris Fashion Week. A few of her favorite things are, fresh flowers, foamy cappucinos, writing in her planner with cute pens and Christmas time. 
UCF Contributor