andrew neel z55CR d0ayg unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
andrew neel z55CR d0ayg unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Zoey Wolinsky, an Aggie Abroad

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

Zoey Wolinsky is an adventurous junior  enjoying an experience of a lifetime studying abroad this quarter in London. She enjoys going out with friends, taking pictures, and avidly drinking tea.

Name: Zoey Wolinsky

Year: Junior

Major: American Studies

Hometown: El Cerrito, CA

Study Abroad & Davis Q’s!

What made you decide to Study Abroad?

I love experiencing new places and cultures and study abroad has always been on my radar. This particular program has an internship component which caught my attention. Living and working abroad is my biggest aspiration, so the international experience is invaluable– and I mean who wouldn’t want to live in London?

What has been your favorite part of London so far?

Is everything an acceptable answer? I love the look and vibe of the city and humor of the people—[they’re] super sarcastic. I am also really enjoying the British tea time and is something I will definitely incorporate when I go back to America.

Is there anything you miss about Davis?

Nothing specifically about Davis, but absolutely the California produce—we are so spoiled.

What is something new you’ve eaten in London that you love? What is something you’re craving that you miss from home?

I’m having a mini love affair with falafel. We definitely have it back home but for some reason I never ate it which is a shame. So far the best I’ve had was sweet potato falafel from a place in Shoredich. Also have had some spectacular Gnocchi, which I have yet to find a really good one in California.  For home, my most basic answer, but In-N-Out. I don’t even really want it, but just the fact I literally can’t have it even if I wanted is a bit saddening.

Fun Questions!

First thought you had this morning?

How is it already Tuesday.

If you could travel back in time, where would you go and what would you do?

I would travel back to the 70s and invest in Apple stock.

Last thing that made you mad?

Don’t remember! I don’t really get mad and if I do I usually forget within a day.

What would be your dream date?

Something adventurous and getting food, nothing specific really.

Lightning Round!

Celebrity Crush: Keeping with the London theme: Kit Harington

Favorite TV Show: Arrested Development

Turn On: Humor! If someone can make me laugh it’s a huge plus and is basically mandatory.

Turn Off: Intolerance

Parting Words? If anyone is on the fence I definitely recommend studying abroad, I am only a few weeks in and I can already say it is one of my favorite experiences in college. 

Alexandra is a sophomore English major at UC Davis. She loves reading and writing, and her favorite things to do consist of playing her clarinet in the Band-Uh and talking about her dog, Bear.
This is the UCD Contributor page from University of California, Davis!