Work for Your Body

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

Your body works hard for you. It allows you to go after the things you want in life, and it allows you to sense different experiences. Yet, many of us tend to neglect and mistreat our bodies. College is hectic, and often keeps us glued to our desks. Sometimes we skip meals, don’t exercise, and forget to take time out of our busy schedules to just enjoy life. We owe it to our bodies to change all of this. 

How do we work for our bodies?

Create a routine for yourself! Eventually cooking a meal or going to the gym will no longer feel like a burden. You’ll actually want to take a break from studying. If you can’t push yourself, find a buddy to do these things with you. The ARC also offers a wide range of group exercise classes like Pilates, cycling, and ab workouts. With others around, you’ll feel more obligated to follow through with your plans. Why should the mission to be healthier stop there? After working out, you and your friends can even go home and make nutritious smoothies together. 

Why is it important to work for your body?

Taking in necessary nutrients and exercising about 150 minutes every week (at least 30 minutes every day) is vital for your well being now and in the long run. You will start to feel happier and less stressed. On the other hand, eating poorly or remaining sedintary can lead to fatigue and even depression. If you don’t want that, try planning out your day tomorrow. Incorporate good meals, lots of water, exercise, and relaxation. Your body will thank you for it.  
My name is Rojan Zarei and I am a second year Managerial Economics major at UC Davis. I've found a passion in getting to know who I am, learning about life, and sharing that with others! What better way to do that than write about what I've learned so others can hopefully benefit from it as well!
This is the UCD Contributor page from University of California, Davis!