A Trendy Way of Making Money Without Leaving Your House

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

Are you sad looking at all the clothes you can’t afford at your favorite store? The sad part is you most likely have a bunch of clothes you don’t even wear in your closet. Although you have tons of clothes at home, your mind is telling you to get that jacket because winter is coming. You instantly regret it and apologize to your bank account as soon as you buy the jacket. You don’t have to feel this way! Treat yourself and get that jacket. But you can also make money from the unworn clothes in your closet through an app called Poshmark!

Poshmark is a marketplace to buy and sell clothes and beauty. It is so simple, it can be explained in 5 steps.

1. Download the app.

Get $5 in Posh credit when you put the code HAGGA in “redeem code”.​

2. List your clothes on the app.

Just take a photo of your clothes, include the brand, size, and condition to each clothing piece, and list your price.

3. Share other people’s listings.

This increases your involvement in the Poshmark community and views on your profile/shop.

4. Print out the shipping label, provided by Poshmark, once you make a sale.

Shipping is covered by the buyer and Poshmark! The label will be sent to you by email as soon as you make a sale.

Photo by Poshmark

5. Package it up and drop it off at your closest post office.

And then you are done! Just sit back and watch your bank account grow.

You may be thinking ‘this is too good to be true,’ but this is actually legit. From personal experience, I once made 20 clothes listings and woke up with two sales the next day. It’s worth giving Poshmark a try!

Sarah is current first year Textiles and Clothing major at UC Davis. She discovered her love for blogging when she started her own personal lifestyle/fashion back in high school. The rest was history as soon as it blew up. On her free time, Sarah enjoys reading biographies and memoirs, catching up on popular culture, discovering new TV shows, and brunching. Sarah hopes to pursue a career in the retail industry involving marketing or merchandising.
This is the UCD Contributor page from University of California, Davis!