This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

For a while, we’ve still been experiencing warm weather in the 80’s or 90’s here at UC Davis. But now the raindrops are starting to fall, the wind is blowing, and hopefully you won’t be wishing you wore another sweater.

Whether you’re a veteran to the Davis fall or a new Aggie just joining us, check out these 5 pieces of clothing you’re going to want to stay warm in this cold weather!

1. Vest

Sometimes it’s cold, but not enough to make you want to wear a full, weatherproof jacket. So throw one of these babies on with a flannel or cashmere sweater underneath and you’ll look cute and stay warm.

BONUS: They’re great for biking because you won’t get too hot!

(Top: J. Crew, Bottom: Pinterest)

2. Waterproof jacket, not water resistant

Countless times I’ve seen people so angry at the world because their jacket did not keep the water out like they thought it would.The North Face and Patagonia are among the most popular brands, but you can opt for Columbia or even any other brands. Just as long as you don’t pick resistant.

(T: Patagonia, B: The North Face)

3. Rain boots

If you’re from So Cal or any other place where rain is a myth, you might not have these in your closet. Pick them up in black, red, or any other color or pattern your heart desires.

(T: Hunter, B: Pinterest)

4. Scarf

There are a few really windy days here on campus and the best way to keep out the cold is a trendy scarf. They look great with anything, especially if you’re into the layered look!

(Both: Pinterest)

5. Gloves

Although we don’t get snow here, it is still definitely okay to want to keep your hands warm! There are a variety of colors and materials to choose from. You can find water resistant ones for when you bike, or even leather (or pleather) ones for when you’re feeling a little chic. Touch screen compatible gloves tend to be the most helpful, so keep your eyes out for those!

(T: The Northface, B: Pinterest)

So before it starts raining and the temperature drops, check your closet to make sure you’re prepared for the storms to come! Happy Fall, Aggies!

This is the UCD Contributor page from University of California, Davis!