Things That Irk Me During Class

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

It’s now my third year at UC Davis, and over the course of these last few years, I learned a lot– about what pisses me off during my classes.

Here are the 5 things that annoy me the most:

1. 

(Source)

When you’re in a lecture hall and someone takes your desk’s arm rest— especially on the side of your writing arm. Like, um, we all get at least one arm rest. THIS ONE IS MINE. YOURS IS THERE.

2.

(Source)

Also, I know the desks are tiny in lecture halls, but we each have our own little personal bubble of space and when your stuff is spilling over your desk on my side, you burst my bubble. And that’s not cool.

3. 

(Source)

When someone takes your unassigned assigned seat?? It’s been 4 weeks and you decide to switch it up now?? Do you know what you’ve done? You’ve caused a chain reaction, and now I have to take someone else’s seat, and they will be upset and take someone else’s seat… Absolute chaos.

4. 

(Source)

(I must acknowledge that I am guilty of doing this so I’m a hyprocrite, and I’m sorry.) When someone with long hair in front of you forgets that they have long hair and flips it behind them causing your already small desk to become the grudge of the desks. This is such an uncomfortable situation. Do I tell them, “Hey, your hair is on my desk?” Or do I just fling it off with my pencil? Or do I just sit there and accept my new desk companion?

5.

(Source)

Lastly, when the professor starts class before it is supposed to start?? Are they even allowed to do that? Imagine if your favorite TV show started before its scheduled time slot. I’d flip out. Every single second counts.

*None of these images or gifs belong to the author or Her Campus.*

Thumbnail courtesy of Pexels.

Tara is a senior at UC Davis who is pursuing a degree in Pharmaceutical Chemistry. Her passions include 80's rock music and getting as many food samples as she can at Costco.
This is the UCD Contributor page from University of California, Davis!