pang yuhao kd5cxwZOK4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
pang yuhao kd5cxwZOK4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Senior Reflections: What I’ll Miss the Most about Davis

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

Even though it’s just the beginning of spring quarter, the nostalgia has already begun to seep into my bones. It seems like it was just yesterday that my parents were moving me into the dorms and I was about to embark on a life on my own for the first time. I’ve learned so much here and I’m so glad I chose Davis. I wouldn’t want to be anywhere else. Here are my favorite things about UC Davis and what I will miss the most:

1. Walking around the campus

Even though our buildings are old and a little mismatched, the beautiful landscaping on campus makes the grounds feel lush, green, and colorful. When all the trees and flowers bloom in spring, the campus transforms into a living, breathing work of art. Walking around campus is like walking through a forest sometimes – I mean, we do have our own arboretum!

Source: Unsplash, Jenu Prasad

2. Drinking coffee at the Coho

Who knew I would ever miss the act of just getting an iced coffee at Swirlz? I love how the Coho is always filled with people talking, catching up, and studying. The huge window panes look out on the quad and provide the perfect coffee drinking experience.

Source: Hussain Ibrahim

3. Studying

Dare I even say it? While I might have flipped my top if I had told myself as a lowerclassman that I would miss studying, I actually already do! There’s something kind of fun and satisfying about hitting the books and doing your work right in the heart of campus.

4. Downtown

Davis’ small downtown area – right off campus – is perfect for college students to study, hang out, and have fun. While it’s small, it’s packed with cute restaurants and coffee shops to hang out with friends.

Enjoy it while it lasts, because your undergrad will be over before you know it!

Cover image source: Unsplash, David Travis

This is the UCD Contributor page from University of California, Davis!