This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.
Name: Raffi Dadaian
Grade: 1st year
Major: Biological Sciences
Hometown: Encino, Ca
Relationship Status: Single

What was the hardest part about moving to college?: Leaving the community I grew up in. Since I was 2 years old and all the way through high school, I attended the same private Armenian school where I would spend most of my days, whether it was sports practices or social events. Holy Martyrs was a spiritual sanctum as well as a school and a social gathering center for cultural events and activities. Coming to Davis, I had to adjust to interacting with all kinds of different personalities, ethnicities and the broad spectrum cultural diversity. Although I love Davis and feel like it has already made me a more well-rounded human being, the San Fernando Valley is always in the back of my mind.

How do you stay involved at UC Davis?: I am a part of the Theta Xi Fraternity along with a member of the Armenian Student’s Association (ASA). When I have free time I’m usually hanging out at my frat either playing FIFA or shooting hoops in the backyard. We also have social events during the weekends which are always a highlight of my week. Being active in the ASA on campus gives me the opportunity to interact with fellow Armenians on a campus where Armenians are almost a non-existent percentage. I also frequently visit the ARC to play indoor soccer and lift weights.

What’s the biggest difference between SO Cal and Nor Cal?: Los Angeles is huge and constantly bustling, you can always find something to do no matter what time it is. I feel as if the lifestyle in Nor Cal is much more slow paced and laid back. I haven’t been stuck in bumper to bumper traffic in the last 4 months whereas I would have to deal with stopped freeways at least once a week.

Goals to accomplish over your college career?: I hope to get a degree in some specialty in the Biological Sciences Department and eventually go into a sector of medicine. Also, I would like to make the Davis ASA a much more influential association on campus. Landing a 720 grab on my skis is another thing I definitely want to have down before leaving Nor Cal.

If you could switch lives with one person for one day who would it be and why?: Johnny Depp. The guy has his own personal island….what more could you ask for.

A QUICKIE (survey) with the Campus Cutie

Blonde or Brunette?: Brunette
DC food or Home cooked meal?: Home cooked meal, hands down
Ski or Snowboard?: SKI
Celeb Crush: Sofia Vergara
Favorite Feature in a girl: Eyes
Favorite animal: Elephant
Favorite flavor ice cream: Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
One Guilty Pleasure: Giving people a hard time
Childhood nickname?: Raffig
Three pet peeves: Chomping on gum, Cracking knuckles, and Whining
If you could have one super power what would it be?: Teleporting from one place to another, like Jumper
I love it when..: a girl plays with my hair when I’m stressed.
And most importantly, Boxers or Briefs?: Boxers

Rachael Brandt is your typical collegiette. Her free time, you'll find her roaming the CoHo, nourishing her hourly caffeine fix or rocking out at the campus rec center in Zumba class. Rachael has interned at Acosta/Salazar PR firm in Sacramento, CA --working with politicians and interest groups to aide their campaigns. She now spends her days working at the Events and Conferencing Center, in hopes of saving up for the many goodies she hopes to acquire while studying abroad next year. After cultivating an obsession for Her Campus, she opened the UC Davis branch, and now serves as campus correspondant.