photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash
photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash

Otto Aguilar ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

Name: Otto Aguilar 

Year:  4th year 

Major: Neurobiology, Physiology, and Behavior 

Relationship Status: Ladies where you at 

Hometown:  LA

DEEP

Three words to describe yourself: Optimistic, dorky, creative 

Ways you stay involved on campus?: I’m not really involved this quarter, but I’m studying for a personal trainer certification and planning to apply here at the ARC. 

What inspires you?: My family, and particularly,  my nine year old sister. She draws pictures of me as a bear wearing a cap and gown. I love it! I have a picture of it on my wall. She just wants me to graduate so I can come back home. 

If you could learn to do anything, what would it be? I’d want to learn how to play the saxophone. I’m a jazzy kind of dude. 

What’s one experience that made you a stronger person? After I took a personal training class, it really confirmed what I wanted out of life. I figured out what steps I had to take and I had a clear goal of what I wanted in life. 

What’s the best/worst gift you’ve ever received? The worst gift I’ve ever received was a pair of tube socks I got from my cousin for Christmas one year. I was like what the… I don’t wear these! The best gift I’ve ever received was probably a car on my birthday. 

If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to? I don’t think I would change my name. I like the uniqueness of my name even though Starbucks spells my name wrong almost all the time.

What chore do you absolutely hate doing? I really hate washing dishes and cleaning the bathroom, but I get it done.

SPEED

Favorite Body Part: Quads 

Top Movie: The Martian 

Best Song to Party To: Kendrick 

Swim in a pool or ocean? Ocean 

Sunrise or sunset? Sunset 

Dream Job: Physical Therapist 

Cat or dog: Dog 

Hidden Talent: I’m really flexible ;) 

Advice for freshmen: Skip the frat parties because they’re not that fun. They’re just humid and gross. 

DATING

Perfect Date: I would start off the day with a hike, get some brunch, spend the afternoon at the beach, and end it with some stargazing at night.

Turn offs: Insecurity. I like a girl who is confident. 

Turn ons: A girl who works out or is super active, watches anime, and plays video games 

What do you look for in a partner? Honesty and mutual respect.

What is something you want your future partner to know about you? I want her to know all the good and bad things about me. Basically, I want her to accept my downfalls. I would want to know the same about her too, downfalls and everything. 

Enya Meng is a junior at UC Davis studying Clinical Nutrition with a minor in English. She aspires to become a registered dietitian working with patients with eating disorders. Her favorite things to do include reading, writing short stories, and experimenting with new recipes.
Megan Taylor Hartenstein is an English major and Women's Studies minor at the University of California, Davis. Give her something to write with, and she'll create a masterpiece. While she loves journalism and writing short stories, her dream is to become a television or film writer. Megan is a proud feminist, and loves to incorporate feminist principles in everything she writes.