prateek katyal xv7 GlvBLFw unsplash 1?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
prateek katyal xv7 GlvBLFw unsplash 1?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

New Year, New You: How to Prepare for Winter Quarter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

Winter quarter has begun! Unfortunately for me, I am no fan of it. The holidays are over, the weather is awful, and I just want to stay in all day watching Netflix. While I constantly have to remind myself that education is a privilege that should not be taken for granted, I continue to percieve the task of getting myself to class a rather arduous one.  Nevertheless, I’ve come up with a few tips that have helped my class attendance that I know should be shared!

1. Find an activity that will help you relieve stress.

This activity could be reading a book, listening to music, working out, or watching an episode of your favorite TV show. Whatever it is, definitely do it once midterm season comes around so you can give yourself a break from the stress.

2. Set some time for yourself.

It’s good to give yourself some me-time. This allows you to take a step back and reflect on your life, goals, and dreams.

3. Make a positive music playlist.

Finding the perfect playlist is important to motivate yourself. Play it when you are feeling down or tired and you will be back on your feet!

4. Before you go to bed, make a small list of goals you want to be done by the end of the week.

This will allow you to stay on top of everything and organized. You will know exactly what you need to do for the day the moment you wake up.

5. Don’t check your phone all the time.

You may not realize this, but we waste a lot of time on our phones. Try this for a change: avoid all of your social media apps when you wake up in the morning. This will help you get out of bed sooner and have a productive morning.

*None of the images are owned by Her Campus or the author.

Sarah is current first year Textiles and Clothing major at UC Davis. She discovered her love for blogging when she started her own personal lifestyle/fashion back in high school. The rest was history as soon as it blew up. On her free time, Sarah enjoys reading biographies and memoirs, catching up on popular culture, discovering new TV shows, and brunching. Sarah hopes to pursue a career in the retail industry involving marketing or merchandising.
This is the UCD Contributor page from University of California, Davis!