This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

Jacob Stultz is a 4th year NPB student at UC Davis and a Sacramento local who plans on going to medical school. Ideally, he would like to stay in  California, but will gladly attend any school that accepts him. He also hopes to work in underserved communities one day. 

Hometown:

Roseville, CA

Relationship Status:

I guess I’m working on it.

Birthday:

October 31st, 1993

Major:

NPB (Neurobiology Physiology and Behavior)

Campus Involvement:

I’ve been involved with Medlife for a couple of years and Imani clinic for about a year and a half. I also worked at a lab on campus.

How would you describe yourself?

I try to balance my life by having fun and going out but also getting serious and studying. I like to be goofy occasionally. I also try to be as kind as I can.

Craziest thing you’ve ever done?

Right before school started, I was visiting some people at UCLA when one person won free tickets to the iHeart Radio Music Festival in Las Vegas that was happening the next night. We decided to drive over there for the concert right before we needed to leave. We ended up making it in time, and got to see some really awesome performers three rows back from the stage, all for free! The Weeknd opened and it was easily the highlight of my summer.

What’s on your bucket list before graduation?

I want to go to all the theme nights downtown. I want to go to Salsa Night, Trivia Night, and Funk Night. All of those sound really fun.

What inspires you?

I think it’s really inspirational to see the amount of change undergraduate students can make in other people’s lives. We are fortunate enough to help those who are less fortunate whether it be through healthcare, legal help, or financial help.

If you could be anybody else in the world, who would it be?

Elon Musk. He’s the founder of SpaceX, Tesla, and Paypal. He’s really innovative. He has tons of crazy ideas and the capital to fund them so they can become a reality.

What’s important to you?

Definitely my family. I came to Davis so I could visit my family frequently. My first two years at Davis, I made a twenty minute commute to school so I could spend more time with them.  

Perfect date?

Anything but a movie. I like talking to the person I’m with and getting to know her. I guess the perfect date depends on the weather. If it was winter, I’d like to go ice-skating in the foothills where it’s just barely snowing. Maybe we could also get some food and coffee. I think that’d be really fun.

What is something you want people to know about you?

I try to be as nice and accepting as possible. I feel like I don’t fit the white boy stereotype. I try my best to be culturally aware and accepting of everyone around me.

What is something you regret?

I honestly don’t regret much. If anything negative happened in my life, it benefitted my future and taught me something. #NoRagrets

Favorite show:

It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Dream Car?

Audi R8 or a Tesla P85 in black or grey.

Would you rather be in a social setting or by yourself?

Probably both depending on the day and the weather.

Go-To Hangout Spot:

My friend’s apartments or 3rd and U.

Favorite restaurant:

Chicago Fire, BJs, Paesanos.

Hobbies/Talents:

I like playing soccer every once in a while. I like to garden, but with indoor plants like succulents. I like working on bikes too.

Would you rather explore space or the ocean?

The ocean. I feel like space is decently mysterious. It’s cool not knowing what’s out there.

If you could have any superpower, what would it be?

I’d want the power to shoot spaghetti out of my fingertips.

What kind of sauce would you have with that spaghetti?

Alfredo sauce.

Would you rather date your celebrity crush or your real life crush?

Real life crush

Your favorite quote?

“A man is but the product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes.” –Gandhi

What would you like to be remembered for?

I want to be remembered for being a caring individual. I think having a quality of general kindness is really important.

What’s your biggest fear?

I’m terrified of being incapable of success. I’m scared I won’t capture the vision that I have for my future and what I want to do in life.

Proudest moment:

My proudest moment will be watching my younger brother graduate high school this spring. I’ll be so proud to watch him become an adult.

Hey everyone! My name is Chandni and I first came to Davis as a transfer student. Now that I'm in my final year, I've learned a lot about campus life in a really short amount of time. I'm an economics and psychology major and I love animals! I love meeting new people, so if you ever see me around, come over and say hi! :)
Megan Taylor Hartenstein is an English major and Women's Studies minor at the University of California, Davis. Give her something to write with, and she'll create a masterpiece. While she loves journalism and writing short stories, her dream is to become a television or film writer. Megan is a proud feminist, and loves to incorporate feminist principles in everything she writes.