pang yuhao kd5cxwZOK4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
pang yuhao kd5cxwZOK4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Ginina Lingat ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

Name: Ginina Lingat

Year: 2015

Major: Communication

Hometown: Murrieta, CA

Relationship Status: Taken! (Sorry, fellas)

If you were stranded on an island and could only bring 3 things, what would they be?

1.   A hat: I love them and they give shade!

2.   A chef’s knife: I like to cook and it would be useful.

3.   My scrapbook: it has pictures and spaces to write and draw.

What’s your favorite type of food?

You could say I’m an all-around foodie, but when it comes down to it, I could eat any kind of potato dish – every day, for every meal.

Who are your role models and why?

I look up to the members of my family: my parents, grandparents, uncles, aunts, cousins. I have a big family!

I also like people like Jennifer Lawrence because of how real she is; she’s not afraid to be a dork and her success doesn’t make her head blow up. I want to work hard like her and have fun doing it. That’s all I could ask for when I finish up here at UCD.

Favorite song(s) right now:

“All” by Cherub. Also, not to be a dork, but I’m a little obsessed with the Guardians of the Galaxy Awesome Mix Vol. 1. I can’t help but sing along to “Hooked on a Feeling!”

What are your post-grad plans?

I’m a more of a go-with-it kind of girl, but that’s not to say I don’t have general plans or rather dreams. I’d like a change of scenery, so I’m thinking [of going to] San Francisco. Hopefully, I could land a job that would get my foot in the door in PR or maybe at least event planning.

How have you stayed involved on campus?

I had a campus job at Segundo Dining Commons and now work at Cuarto’s DC. (Say hi if you see me!) I also studied abroad in London last year and got involved with the Student Fashion Association (SFA). Aside from that, I participate in campus events all-around – I wish I had more time for other clubs on campus!

Who’s your celebrity crush?

The Hemsworth brothers are #MCM. Leonardo DiCaprio, too – I’ll never let go, Jack! My #WCW include Mila Kunis and Anne Hathaway.

Pick 3 words that you think describe you best:

1.   Quirky

2.   Energetic

3.   Stylish

If you had to go on a reality show… which one would you go on?

I’m torn between America’s Next Top Model and Storage Wars. With one, you’ve got fashion, traveling, and Tyra Banks. With the other, you’re got a modern day American treasure hunter!

Favorite memory at UC Davis?

When I was a senior in high school, I flew up to Davis for Decision Day. I remember walking around and meeting new people, and being in awe over all the gorgeous green trees. It all just felt right, and on that day, I just knew this would be my school.

Cindy Suzuki is a recent graduate of the University of California, Davis with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Communication and double-minors in Professional Writing and Textiles and Clothing. She considers herself a full-fledged fashion aficionado; living and breathing all things fashion related. Follow her fashion journey on Instagram: @cindysuzuki
This is the UCD Contributor page from University of California, Davis!