you x ventures Oalh2MojUuk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
you x ventures Oalh2MojUuk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Freshman to Freshman: Resources at UCD

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

Are you 15 weeks into being an Aggie and still feeling a bit perplexed? Maybe you’re a second year student or higher and are still looking for the right resources on campus? No worries fam. I got you.

As a freshman here are UCD, I can vouch and say that at the beginning, yes, it can all be a little intimidating to go around and find different resources or information. Especially if you are a little shy about going out there and exploring. But have no fear! I bravely went out there and found some resources and information for you.

The Student Academic Success Center

Struggling with a class and can’t find tutoring for it at your residence hall areas? Try the Student Academic Success Center, otherwise known as the SASC, which not only offers amazing workshops on how to become a successful student, but also offers a little something known as FREE TUTORING and a variety of workshops to help you in different classes. I personally received statistics tutoring here and the help I received was simply amazing.

Check out their schedule here or simply drop by South Hall for more information.

Academic Advising Centers in Segundo, Tercero, and Cuarto

If you’re unsure about how to schedule your upcoming classes or how you’re holding up academically, the Advising Centers located in your resident hall areas are the way to go! The peer advisors are very helpful and will assist you in anything from your course schedule and tutoring resources, to finding out how you are doing academically.

It can be a little daunting trying to figure out which GE goes in which category but no worries, the Residence Hall Advising Team will help!

Center for Student Involvement

Haven’t found a club or organization that aligns with your interests? Our CSI team is here to help! Located on the fourth floor of our MU, they can help you either a) find a club or organization with similar goals as you, or b) help you create your own club! We have over 800 different organization and clubs already, what’s a few more?

Aggie Job Link

If you’re looking for a job on campus or even in Davis, Aggie Job link is an amazing, university-wide job search tool. This amazing online resource can help you search, find, and apply for a job. Just create a profile, upload your resume and cover letter, and start searching! Aggie Job Link has jobs posted both on and off campus, so you’re bound to find something.

In fact, this website actually helped me find my current job as a UC Davis tour guide!

Internship and Career Center

Speaking of jobs, you might need help preparing your application. The ICC located in South Hall has got your back. They can help with finding jobs and internships and also host workshops to help you create your resume, cover letter, and prep you for that very important interview!

My Degree

Wondering how your progress is going for your degree? My Degree is an online tool that can help you see how you are progressing through your prerequisites and general education courses. Simply click on the Launch My Degree link on this website and off you go! And if you need help navigating it, visit your Advising Center. They will be happy to help!

Student Community Center

Not only it is a great place for studying, but it has a plethora of resources, programs, and events for students to find services, get involved in orgs, and more! Some of the centers include the Cross-Cultural Center, AB540 and Undocumented Student Center, LGBTQIA + Resource Center, and more! Oh, and there also just so happen to be yet another coffee shop there so…

Photo Source: UC Davis Public Photos

The Pantry

Located in the basement of Freeborn Hall, The Pantry can help provide you with personal items to meals if you are ever in the need for them! All for free, just bring your ID Card.

Photo Source: UC Davis The Pantry

Facebook

Okay, yes, I know that by the end of our senior year of high school, most of us thought Facebook was uncool. Surprise! Facebook is the place to be and to connect here in college, so update that profile pic my friend.

There are a bunch of Facebook pages available to find even more resources, so check out this article written by my fellow Her Campus at UCD writer Tara Dadashian for more info. Oh, and while you are at it, join the UC Davis Meme Page.

Okay my friends, there are a lot of resources available for you here on campus. These are just some of the ones that stuck out to me and that some students may not even know about. Best of luck and use your resources!

Cover photo source: Pexels

Joyce is a third year studying Communication at UC Davis and is from Tracy, CA. Joyce enjoys musical theatre, reading anything from classics and current bestsellers, eating pizza and cheesecake, all while waiting for the next and final episode of the Star Wars Sequel Trilogy.
This is the UCD Contributor page from University of California, Davis!