This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.
Name: Chad Williams
Grade: 3rd year
Major: Civil and Environmental Engineering
Hometown: Ukiah, CA
Relationship Status: Single

What are your plans after college?: I will hopefully be in either a public or private firm but the job market right now is pretty bad. I also hope to be in environmental engineering although I would need to go through more schooling for the environmental aspect because its not covered all too well at UC Davis. I’m really interested in environmental engineering because it would be nice to be able to give back.

How did you get into playing water polo?: I started playing water polo my freshmen year of high school. I just kind of picked it up with a friend who invited me to a few practices. It’s definitely intense, you can get hit, pulled down, or attempted to be drowned. Its something I’ve grown to love. My freshmen and sophomore year at UC Davis I was on the B team. We placed seventh in the nation and third in California, so that was fun. This year I play on the A team. Our team just works well together.

Any recent injuries?: I have a fractured wrist. I played with it the whole season during summer because I thought it was a sprain. A doctor actually checked it out in the beginning and told me he thought it was just a sprain as well. I got it casted on New Years Eve. I had a bone stimulator too but that didn’t do anything. I have to have surgery within the next two weeks.

What are you looking forward to this quarter?: I’m looking forward to the weather, it seems like it’s going to be awesome this quarter. I’m excited for the rec pool to open up so I can just kick it by the pool and swim. I have a pretty good class load so I’ll be able to enjoy the quarter.

Who is your role model?: It’s a toss up between my two parents. From day one they’ve been there, you know feeding me and putting a roof over my head. On bad days they are always there for me to call and just tell me what I need to hear. They play a pretty big role in my life and have helped shape a lot of my values. I’m pretty close with my immediate family.

What is something most people don’t know about you?: I play the guitar. I’ve been playing since the 6th grade just taking lessons and learning how to read music.

What is one of your most memorable moments at Davis?: My freshman year I was going from one party to another, with a ride from my designated driver of course. I didn’t know that there were two Safeway’s in Davis. I only knew of the one in north Davis. The party that we were at was near the Safeway in south Davis. I decided to walk home and thought I knew where I was going in reference to the Safeway. I ended up getting lost and it took me seven hours to get back to my dorm. I started at 1:00am, lost my shoe at one point, went through a vineyard, walked around in a few circles. My phone was dying and the only way I got back home was because I saw the Davis Loop sign on a path. I got back to my dorm and just passed out.

A QUICKIE (survey) with the Campus Cutie:

Favorite Color: Blue

I love it when: you wake up in the morning and it’s a nice day and you don’t have to go to school. When you get to relax, enjoy the day, and hang out with friends.

New year’s resolution: To get over a 3.0 and to work out again once my wrist gets better.

Three pet peeves: I hate when people aren’t courteous and not being on time. I also don’t like when people are messy, I’m definitely like the housewife in my apartment. I do a lot of cleaning.

Blonde or Brunette: Blonde

Childhood Nickname: Chaddy

Favorite Cartoon Character: Otto from Rocket Power

Big Party or Small Kickback: Big party

Current Facebook Status: “You can’t be successful if you’re not happy.”

Your past Halloween outfit: I was a Ghostbuster

Coffee or Tea: Tea

Action or Comedy: Comedy

Hip Hop or Country: Hip Hop

Favorite place in Davis: The quad, the Coho, the Arboretum is pretty nice too.

And most importantly, Boxers or Briefs?: Boxer Briefs

Rachael Brandt is your typical collegiette. Her free time, you'll find her roaming the CoHo, nourishing her hourly caffeine fix or rocking out at the campus rec center in Zumba class. Rachael has interned at Acosta/Salazar PR firm in Sacramento, CA --working with politicians and interest groups to aide their campaigns. She now spends her days working at the Events and Conferencing Center, in hopes of saving up for the many goodies she hopes to acquire while studying abroad next year. After cultivating an obsession for Her Campus, she opened the UC Davis branch, and now serves as campus correspondant.