This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.
Name: Bryan Steele
Major: International Relations
Year: 2nd Year
Hometown: Campbell, CA
Relationship Status: Single

How do you keep yourself busy?: I’m enrolled in 19 units right now so that keeps me pretty busy. I had to knock away a bunch of class requirements before I could study abroad in Spain next year. I’m going to be in Barcelona for the whole school year. I’m looking forward to becoming fluent in Spanish and traveling to Europe because I’ve never been. I’m also a lifeguard at Hickey Pool and the events manager for the swim club. The swim club just started last year and we just had our first swim meet.

What are your plans after college?: As cliché as it sounds I really want to see the world. I want to travel. Hopefully get some experience, maybe intern abroad. Then possibly go into law school for international law. I’m not really sure, but if my dream of becoming a rock star doesn’t work out, those are a few back up options.

Who do you look up to?: I look up to my grandma on my mom’s side. My grandma had polio when she was four years old. She underwent 33 operations and taught herself how to walk even when the doctors told her she couldn’t. I look up to my dad as well because he’s so cool.

Most embarrassing moment?: I’ve got quite a few embarrassing moments. In high school I was in student government and we had to make a campaign for green week. My friend and I made a music video that involved singing and some auto tune. They played it everyday on the morning announcements—let’s just say high school was fun.

If you could swap lives with anybody in the world who would you choose?: Anybody who was in the band Bon Jovi in the 80’s. Or just Bon Jovi himself. A cowboy would be cool as well.

Something most people don’t know about you?: I’m an only child. I’m really close with my parents. I’m a little bit of a mama’s boy. My two best friends are my parents, we talk about everything which can be kind of weird sometimes. I always wanted an older brother to wrestle with though. I’ve also seen every episode of Scrubs.

Anything you want to tell the readers of Her Campus: Ladies, chivalry might be dying, but it’s not dead yet. I can only speak for myself, but there are definitely still some old-fashioned gentleman out there. I consider myself kind of old fashioned when it comes to dating, but I also like it when a girl makes a move by calling or texting me first. It shows confidence and spontaneity.

A QUICKIE (survey) with the Campus Cutie

If you could have one superpower what would it be?: Teleport.

I would go crazy without: Slurpees, a mix of all the flavors.

Batman or Superman: Batman

Top 3 Favorite Movies: Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, Zoolander, and Good Will Hunting, oh and 127 Hours.

Pet Peeves: Nothing really phases me anymore, but it really annoys me when people act like they know more than you because they skimmed the Wikipedia article.

I love it when: someone acknowledges my hard work.

Comedy or Action: Comedy

Favorite Feature in a Girl: A nice smile

Way to your Heart: A good sense of humor.

Blonde or Brunette: Brunette

Britney or Christina: Britney

Guilty Pleasure: I love Glee, I’m a Gleetard.

NOR CAL or SO CAL: Nor Cal

Childhood nickname: Bry Bry and Bryno

Favorite animal: Dogs

And most importantly, Boxers or Briefs: Boxers

Edited by: Jacquelyn Little

Rachael Brandt is your typical collegiette. Her free time, you'll find her roaming the CoHo, nourishing her hourly caffeine fix or rocking out at the campus rec center in Zumba class. Rachael has interned at Acosta/Salazar PR firm in Sacramento, CA --working with politicians and interest groups to aide their campaigns. She now spends her days working at the Events and Conferencing Center, in hopes of saving up for the many goodies she hopes to acquire while studying abroad next year. After cultivating an obsession for Her Campus, she opened the UC Davis branch, and now serves as campus correspondant.