This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.
Name: Bobby Erskine
Year: 3rd Year
Major: English
Hometown: San Diego
Relationship Status: Single

What are some of your interests?: Football, I’ve been playing since sixth grade. It constitutes a big part of my life for sure, I play defensive end for Davis and it has been my goal since seventh grade to play for the NFL. This sport is a huge part of me, I love training and working out, that sort of thing, so that aspect is really appealing. The team aspect of it all is also nice, we’re all really close.

Dream Team to play for: Chargers, you gotta stay in San Diego.

What music do you listen to before a big game?: Lately I’ve been listening to a lot of movie soundtracks, like Braveheart and The Gladiator. As for current artists, I prefer Kid Cudi. I pretty much like all genres, although country is taking me a little while longer to get into, but it’s for sure growing on me.

Plans after college: My brother wants to become a Navy Seal and I have a lot of family members in the Navy, so that’s an option. I’ve also been looking into law school. I’m just kind of playing it by ear for now and seeing how football goes, so we’ll see what happens.

What is one thing you wish you did differently freshmen year?: I would probably try to meet more people. I was pretty much all about football, and I can get a little obsessive with training, so I’d probably tell myself to get out there more. I didn’t live in the dorms either, since I transferred from prep school in Connecticut.

How was living in Connecticut?: It’s a very different style over there. People are all business all the time over and I’m more relaxed. Going from San Diego to Connecticut was a huge change; for one, you see all the seasons in Connecticut. Overall, it was a cool experience and I have a lot of friends I still talk to over there. I also got to play high school football for an extra year, so it was a cool deal.

If you could have one super power what would it be and why?: Being able to read people’s minds. Just to know what people are thinking and being able to know exactly what they want and possibly sway their opinions.

Who has influenced your life the most?: My dad, I’m one of seven kids and he’s the sole provider for our family. He’s a doctor and literally the hardest working guy I know. He doesn’t complain about all his responsibilities, he just accepts it. He comes home every night and spends his time with all the kids and he’s definitely my role model and who I aspire to be.

If you could switch lives with anyone in the world who would it be and why? Pat Tillman, he’s kind of one my role models. He played in the NFL and gave up a multi million-dollar contract after 9/11 to go fight in the army. The way he lived his life and the way he stayed true to his values says a lot about him and makes him someone I definitely want to emulate. He was macho but at the same time really caring. I have really long hair and that’s my little tribute to him, also, he was number 42 and that’s my number too.

A QUICKIE (survey) with the Campus Cutie

Facebook is: very tedious, definitely a time waster. But it’s a very efficient way with keeping in contact with all my friends.

I would go crazy without: Football and family.

Batman or Superman: Batman, for sure.

Top 3 Favorite Movies: Braveheart, Gladiator, Cinderella Man, The Last of the Mohicans… I’m definitely a big moviegoer.

Pet Peeves: When people don’t clean up after themselves and people who aren’t appreciative.

I love it when: I cook an awesome meal and it tastes great.

Comedy or Action: Action

Favorite feature in a girl: Athleticism

Most people don’t know that I: am one of seven and I used to be on a surf team in San Diego for two years.

And most importantly, Boxers or Briefs: Boxer Briefs
Rachael Brandt is your typical collegiette. Her free time, you'll find her roaming the CoHo, nourishing her hourly caffeine fix or rocking out at the campus rec center in Zumba class. Rachael has interned at Acosta/Salazar PR firm in Sacramento, CA --working with politicians and interest groups to aide their campaigns. She now spends her days working at the Events and Conferencing Center, in hopes of saving up for the many goodies she hopes to acquire while studying abroad next year. After cultivating an obsession for Her Campus, she opened the UC Davis branch, and now serves as campus correspondant.