This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

It’s study season, but the beautiful weather can make it hard to stay cooped up inside the four walls of your bedroom all day. And no matter how big and great Shields is, you’re likely to grow tired of your normal study spot. But don’t fret! With a campus as big as ours, there are plenty of study spots for all kinds of moods, not just the library. Whether you’re a silent studier or enjoy the company of a group, there are great places all over UC Davis to hunker down and get ready to ace your assignments!

Coho: Although it gets pretty loud with the lunch rush, there are a ton of tables and it doesn’t hurt to have Swirlz conveniently waiting for you when the coffee withdrawal kicks in.

MU Study Rooms: There are a lot of lounges in the Memorial Union that you can take advantage of that will offer a quieter place to work. The Art Lounge, Griffin Lounge, King Lounge, and MU II are open to students during regular business hours.

ARC Study Lounge: Depending on the time of the day, these rooms are very inviting to any studier looking for some space and motivation. An added bonus is that when your eyes go blurry and you need to blow off some study steam, you can head into the gym for a workout that stimulates the body and the brain!

Silo: Although it has a similar vibe to the Coho, there are fewer people filtering in and out all day long (unless you sit by the entrance to the Starbucks) and there are plenty of tables and couches on the second floor to use! Plus, crepes are a pretty good study snack.

Quad: Sitting outside and soaking in some Vitamin D while you study is a nice way to switch up the pace and relax your mind. Pro Tip: only do this if you can resist the desire to people-watch.

Student Community Center: This bright building offers space in the first floor lobby or in the study lounge. The South Coho also has some great food options!

These are just a few of the places outside of the library that you could study at, so use your valuable procrastination time to find one you like! Of course, if the 24 Hour Study Room in Shields is still your thing, keep it up! Good luck on your studying!

I am a 22 year old senior who enjoys watching Friends with a glass of wine. Currently in the process of figuring out Adulthood. 
This is the UCD Contributor page from University of California, Davis!