This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

Name:  Abe Cortez

Age: 21

Major: Neurobiology, Physiology, and Behavior  

Year: Class of 2016

Hometown: San Bruno

Relationship Status: Single

Extracurricular activities?

Zeta Psi Fraternity, on-campus tutoring, and working at the Med Center

Best memory from Davis?

On Halloween my freshman year, I dressed up as bacon and eggs with my friend Nick in costumes we bought at the shop downtown, but instead of wearing it the normal way, we wore it backwards and carried sharpies around all night so everyone we saw at parties signed our backs, and in the morning we woke up and looked at all the things people had written, not knowing who had signed it. And even a few weeks later people came up to me calling me “Bacon”.

Favorite class?

NPB101. I was really challenged and the topic is super interesting. It also helped me choose my major.

What is one thing you have never done, but would love to do? 

I want to go to a record studio and see how it works. Music is really special to me.

Before graduating I have to…

Go on the roof of Sci Lab or the library. And I want to perform in an a cappella concert.

Favorite thing about yourself?

My smile

Biggest fear?

Spiders

Biggest pet peeve?

People in lecture who ask too many questions

Favorite type of music/artist?

My favorite artist is Justin Timberlake and my favorite genres are hip hop and R&B, especially 90’s and 2000’s R&B.  

What are you currently watching on Netflix?

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

Dream job?

Teaching high school science after finishing a career as a doctor.  

Ideal date?

It would have to be something prolonged and really planned out; I love to plan things. I would take her to San Francisco, the greatest city in the world. I’d probably surprise her in the morning with a drive and end up in the city to take her to a nice lunch, go to the Mission, set up a picnic in Dolores Park, get ice cream at Bi-Rite, and then just end up going around the city if she’s never been there. I’d take her to all the best spots and avoid Pier 39. Then we’d grab dinner at a nice hipster place like Little Star Pizza and I’d maybe take her to a sporting event, even if I have to leave the city and go to a Warriors game. But if we were at AT&T then we’d walk around the bay. Maybe finish off the night by meeting up with some friends at a bar and then go home.  

First thing you notice?

Her eyes and if she has style. I also value good taste in music.  

Deal breaker?

Smoking.

Celebrity crush?

Emma Watson. 

I am a 22 year old senior who enjoys watching Friends with a glass of wine. Currently in the process of figuring out Adulthood. 
This is the UCD Contributor page from University of California, Davis!