5 YouTubers to Watch When You’re Not Studying

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

It’s impossible to drop everything to watch your favorite Netflix shows and movies during midterms week. Okay, maybe it’s not impossible, but it’s probably not the greatest idea to feed yourself on the cliffhanger episodes of How To Get Away with Murder when you have an exam the next day. YouTube videos are a much better option for crazy weeks like these. They’re still entertaining, they’re free to watch, and best of all, they’re easy to fit in during a 15 minute break from studying. So sit back, relax (but not for too long!) and watch some of these lovely ladies.  

1. If you’re into humor: communitychannel

Vietnamese-Australian Natalie Tran — otherwise known as communitychannel — has a knack for capturing our most awkward or embarrassing social conundrums in the funniest way possible. She makes you feel better about finishing an entire bag of chips instead of just one serving, and justified in being the one friend who still wants dessert when everyone else claims they’re too full.

1. If you’re into food: TheKitchyKitchen

Claire Thomas from TheKitchyKitchen is a modern girl with a retro flair. She lives in Los Angeles and always has her finger on the pulse of the city and its newest trends, but she’s an old-fashioned beauty who loves of 1960’s dresses and ultra-classy kitchenware. Videos from her “10 Second Living” playlist are short and sweet, and incredibly eye-opening if you’re willing to take risks with your food, or simply want to be a better cook.

1. If you’re into family: BitsandClips

When your life gets just a little too crazy to handle, it’s nice to gain some perspective and surround yourself with people — or YouTubers — that always stick together and are able to see the best in everything. The BitsandClips family are those people. This family — Marie, her husband Ryan, and her two toddlers Scarlet and Luca — put up a new vlog weekly, and every one feels like a big bear hug.  With babies being adorable, dogs and bunnies in the garden, tiny ballerinas and movie nights, the cuteness in these videos never end!

1. If you’re into beauty and fashion: InTheFrow

Victoria of InTheFrow has a PhD in Fashion Marketing and is even a lecturer on the subject at the University of Manchester. Clearly, she’s the one you go to if you want someone who knows her stuff. She proves that nerds can be crazy smart, crazy fashionable, and crazy cool. Her outfits and makeup looks are just like her hair — always changing, but always on point.  

1. If you’re into books and movies: padfootandprongs07

If you’re a Harry Potter fan, you would know that Raeleen, or padfootandprongs07 on YouTube, is one too. Her videos are excellent if you’re looking for more titles in your favorite genre, reviews of book-to-movie adaptations, or books that haven’t made the New York Times Bestsellers List but are still worth reading. Best of all, she’s a fangirl — just like most of us!

This is the UCD Contributor page from University of California, Davis!