5 Easy and Healthy Breakfast Ideas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day as it fuels you the rest of the day. Thus, the food you eat in the morning should be healthy, yummy, and easy to make! Here are my favorite quick and nutritious breakfast ideas. 

1. The Drippy Fried Egg over Avocado Toast with Spinach

This is my all-time favorite breakfast and I happen to eat it almost every day — it never gets old. Not only does it cover all of the food groups (carbs, protein, fats, veggies) but it’s quick and easy and rarely takes longer than 5 minutes when cooking for one.

Image source: The New Potato

2. Multigrain Waffles with Fruit

Just because you hear the word waffle doesn’t mean that it’s necessarily unhealthy. In my mind, anything in moderation is the way to go! Pick up some Van’s Multigrain waffles from a semi-nice grocery store and top one or two with healthy toppings of your choice! Those might include berries, banana, jam, a little peanut butter, etc.

3. Greek Yogurt with Granola, Berries, and Local Honey

Experts have been saying that probiotics are essential in our diets. Yogurt is a great way to get those in. I personally love the Plain Fage 0% yogurt with KIND Oats and Honey Granola and honey from your local Farmer’s Market. Enjoy a delish breakfast and combat your Spring allergies with this yogurt combo.

Image source: Eat Love

4. Oatmeal with Peanut Butter, Raisins, and Crushed Almonds

Hot and steamy oatmeal is a guaranteed quick and delicious breakfast that’s great for sitting at the breakfast table or the car in a to-go cup. Prepare your oats the night before and place them in the refrigerator or make them fresh the morning of. Customize your oats day-to-day to make sure you don’t get sick of it!

5. The Treat-Yourself Breakfast by Logan: Egg’s (Your Way), Bacon, Hashbrowns, and OJ

Friday’s are certainly a cause for celebration. Crawl out of bed, make yourself a hot cup of coffee, pull out the eggs and pans, and get cookin’! Although this combo can often be unhealthy, it is easy to make healthy choices.

Image source: Kitchen Stories

Sarah Boro is a junior studying Communications and psychology. She attended the University of Washington in Seattle for two years, however her love for the California sunshine brought her to Davis for the next two years. Sarah is from the San Francisco Bay Area (along with half of the UCD population) and looks forward to being able to see her family more often. She has always loved to write and feels that Her Campus is the perfect outlet for a fun, creative, and a semi-informal writing environment. Aside from writing, Sarah enjoys spending time with her friends and family, yoga, and taking in the sunshine.
Mariana graduated from University of California, Davis in 2018 with bachelor's degrees in English and linguistics. She currently works as an editor for a biotechnology company in Seattle, WA.