jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Benefits of Having a Dog

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

I recently rescued the cutest pup from the Yolo County Sheriff’s Animal Service named Blaze (spoiler: picture at the bottom of the article). I may have forgotten to mention that I adopted him right before Week 10—complete madness. A month of pee, poop, throw up, two broken leashes, stained carpet (my mom was really pissed about this one), and finals later, I have never been more in love with this pup! Here are 5 reasons why the pros outweigh the cons of having an incredible pup:

Honestly, this article is just an excuse to post funny puppy gifs. But, my puppy is super cute!!!!!

1. Companionship

Let’s get real… this is more action than I have gotten in years!

2. Gets you off your butt!

I have definitely been getting my steps in since becoming a puppy mama. Blaze gets me on my feet all the time. I am learning that my morning and evening walks to “peepee and poopoo” are really nice ways to start and end the day—outside, with an adorable pup, breathing, and taking on the day.

3. Endless cuddles

4. Boosts the social life!

I can’t tell you how many Snapchat stories Blaze has been featured on. Both me and Blaze are making friends exponentially every day.

5. Smiles

I would say this is the happiest I have been in a long time. Yes, it’s a lot of work, but so, so rewarding.

Happy day!

Love,

Blaze (and Sarah, too)

Sarah Boro is a junior studying Communications and psychology. She attended the University of Washington in Seattle for two years, however her love for the California sunshine brought her to Davis for the next two years. Sarah is from the San Francisco Bay Area (along with half of the UCD population) and looks forward to being able to see her family more often. She has always loved to write and feels that Her Campus is the perfect outlet for a fun, creative, and a semi-informal writing environment. Aside from writing, Sarah enjoys spending time with her friends and family, yoga, and taking in the sunshine.
This is the UCD Contributor page from University of California, Davis!