10 Gifs That Perfectly Describe the Quarter System

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

We all know that being stuck with the quarter system brings with it a mixture of emotions and actions, both of which vary week by week, yet often stick to the same patterns for many. We all live in a world of varying grades because of slacking off or going out, and then drinking away our problems—this cycle continues until we each graduate and forge our ways into the job market. Here is my own take on the quarter system, per a week-by-week basis.

Week 1

Seeing your friends for the first time in a while.

(Source)

Week 2

When you’re breezing through the class, because you think that this class will be an easy A—I mean you probably don’t even have to take notes, right? You can remember everything.

(Source)

Week 3

When you get your first quiz back and see that you got an A

(Source)

Week 4

Getting a B on your midterm has only set in stone your complete knowledge of the class material

(Source)

Week 5

…And then you immediately celebrate your apparent genius by going crazy.

(Source)

Week 6

The result of which being an F on your next assignment.

(Source)

Week 7

Your next midterm leaves you in tears because your entire scholastic life is crumbling around you:

(Source)

Week 8

By this point you’ve probably resolved to drink your problems away, and with ease.

(Source)

Week 9

Every essay you have is due this week, every one of which you’ve saved until the night before:

(Source)

Week 10

…And, by the end of the quarter, we just all need to shed a few tears.

(Source)

*Images and gifs do nor belong to the author or Her Campus. Thumbnail courtesy of Kirsten Burrell

Melissa is currently an English major at the University of California, Davis and, in addition to this, she is pursuing a minor in Economics. Melissa currently has a part-time job on campus in addition to writing for hercampus.com. You can follow her on instagram at melissa_hosking
This is the UCD Contributor page from University of California, Davis!