Why We Love Meghan Trainor

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Riverside chapter.

Meghan Trainor has become a household name in the past year for her undeniable charm and catchy unapologetic lyrics. I’m in love with everything she stands for and her ability to stand as a role model to real girls everywhere.

She’s bringing a new sound to today’s popular mainstream music.

If you haven’t taken a listen to her album, Title, you’ll find she has a real knack for creating clever lyrics and pairing it with a catchy upbeat sound. Songs that could easily be a sad slow song don’t seem so sad with her uplifting vocals and ability to make her listeners feel like that she’s going through all the struggles with us.

She wrote a song with Harry Styles.

I mean she basically was in a room for hours writing what could basically be a love letter, with HARRY mother******* STYLES. DEAD.

She’s a normal 21-year-old girl.

Meghan has been nominated for Grammy’s, hung out with a plethora of A list celebrities, posed for covers of magazines and she doesn’t seem to be phased by any of it. As someone who has personally met Meghan, she was one of the most humble, down to earth women I’ve ever met. Tbh she was pretty darn cool!

She’s “All About That Bass”

One of the biggest reasons why I hopped on the M-Train was because she’s letting girls embrace their curves. She has even said in an interview for Seventeen magazine, “I never thought I’d be a pop star. I don’t look like Rihanna”, and I’m glad she doesn’t because she is representing real girls everywhere.

Mia Garcia

UC Riverside

UC Riverside

UC Riverside