Top 15 Best Movies of 2012!!!

This year has been an amazing year for the movie industry! There have been movies that have broken box office records and movies that have changed usage of special effects forever! Some of these movies were anticipated for years whether they were sequels, or books made into reality. These movies were very fascinating because of how much the filmmaking crews integrate scenes from a book and turn it into a reality! These movies were very popular this year and ones that have not been released are highly anticipated among audiences nationwide. Now let’s start our countdown!

15. Wreck It Ralph

Wreck It Ralph is a Disney animated film that demonstrates a characters change of behavior. In this animated film, Ralph is trying to fit in with others but he is always shunned out because he is a villain. When characters are celebrating their 30th anniversary of the games’ existence, they don’t invite Ralph. Felix (the hero of the game Fix-It Felix, Jr.) invites him to the celebration but others refuse to let him in telling him that in order to get in he has to win a medal like Felix has. This movie is an amazing animated movie for kids and adults because it shows how a character changes from bad to good. This movie was really popular at the box office and it also has a positive message for kids.

14. The Bourne Legacy

The Bourne Legacy is a spinoff of the movies The Bourne Legacy, The Bourne Supremacy, and The Bourne Ultimatum. Jason Bourne was the main focus of those movies. For the spinoff there is a new character called Aaron Cross who suffers from the same problem like Jason Bourne did. The US Defense Department of Black Ops kills their agents because of an operation gone haywire, but the problem is that Aaron Cross, now a rogue agent, never died. You definitely need to watch this movie if you love action and suspense!

13. Looper

Looper is an interesting and complex movie that makes you think while watching. Joseph Gordon-Levitt plays the younger Joe while Bruce Willis plays the future Joe. This movie is filled with action and is very difficult to explain in words because you have to see to believe. The younger Joe has to pretty much kill his future self. To understand why you must see this movie! Once you start you will not want to stop watching!

12. The Lorax

“It's not about what it is, it's about what it can become.” - Dr. Seuss. This children’s book was adapted into a movie by Universal studios and they did an amazing job integrating the storyline into an hour long movie. The Lorax is a character that speaks for the tree when the Once-ler tries to cut down all the Truffula trees for his factory. The Lorax is a great movie for kids not only because it is an animated movie, but because it has an emotional message. The Once-ler at the end does learn his lesson but you have to watch this touching movie!

11. Dark Shadows

Barnabas Collins played by Johnny Depp is more than two hundred years old vampire who lived in a coffin for two hundred and twelve years until he was rescued by some grave diggers, but Barnabas trying to solve his starvation killed and ate his rescuers. The Collins (not Cullens) is not your average family. Dark Shadows was a 1960’s soap opera that Tim Burton adapted into a movie that introduces famous celebrities and shows Johnny Depp in a different character. This movie was not as well advertised but was still a box office success. Tim Burton’s imagination always has unique details within his films. If you love Tim Burton’s films then this one is highly recommended!

Get more HC!

Get the best of Her Campus, right in your inbox! Learn more.

About The Author

Editor's Note

From Around The Web

We Recommend

User login