Shout Out to the Moms (Real and Fictitious)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Riverside chapter.

With Mother’s Day quickly approaching it’s time to reflect on how great our moms really are. But since we don’t all share the same mom, let’s hear it for our favorite movie moms! Happy Mother’s Day to all the moms out there who support our collegiate dreams and push us to follow them!

Mrs. George (Regina’s mom in Mean Girls)

She’s not like a “regular mom”, she’s a “cool mom” which is why she has become one of the most beloved moms of our generation. Oh and be sure to check out her boob job they’re hard as rocks!

Rosemary (Olive’s mom in Easy A)

We love Olive’s mom for her never ending hilarity. She teaches Olive to laugh in the face of rumors and teaches her to remain herself despite them.

Lorraine Baines (Marty’s mom in Back to the Future)

Marty’s mom from the classic 80s film reminds us how close we are to becoming our parents. But more importantly the film reminds us that our past determines and shapes our future.

Tess Coleman (Anna’s mom in Freaky Friday)

Anna’s mom teaches us that sometimes we need to learn to see in a different perspective rather than refuse to see what’s merely in front of our own noses.

Helen Parr/ Elastigirl (Violet, Dashiell and Jack Jack’s mom in The Incredibles)

Elastigirl exudes the confidence that all collegiate girls must have. Step aside boys because anything you can do, us girls can do better!

Mia Garcia

UC Riverside

UC Riverside

UC Riverside