Should You Buy It or Deny It? Review 2

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Riverside chapter.

Makeup Review: Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer (worth every penny)

A while ago, I gave the Laura Mercier oil-free tinted moisturizer a try and I felt it made my skin oily so I returned it. I’ve been needing a new tinted moisturizer and since Laura Mercier’s original tinted moisturizer did me well, I wanted to try the oil-free one once more. Let me tell you, I am beyond glad that I did! This tinted moisturizer is my new favorite! First of all, what attracted me to this product were the ingredients. Since I have very sensitive skin I am always careful with what products I put on my skin and make sure that they are not going to carry ingredients that will make me break out. Laura Mercier’s tinted moisturizer has SPF 20, antioxidants of vitamins C and E.  The ingredients in this product act as a barrier against harsh affects of the environment and moisturize your skin. This product has been dermatologist tested and is non-comedogenic. Which means it is among the good products in the industry. This product is great for all skin types, more importantly sensitive skin, like mine! 

I have recently been wearing a primer everyday and I just switched to a new one. This happens to be Laura Mercier’s foundation primer in radiance. After I let my moisturizer from philosophy and Laura Mercier Radiance primer set, I then apply the tinted moisturizer. You may question the layers of moisturizer I put on my skin, but this has been working for me for months now and I don’t want to change it because I love the way my skin feels. When I first put the tinted moisturizer on my skin, it feels very lightweight and it does not feel thick like foundation at all, nor does it look like you’re wearing foundation. When I apply it with my foundation brush, it gives me a sheer natural looking finish. However, it covers up my imperfections and it evens out my skin tone. I am in the newest color ochre, and since my face is pale, this color matches my body perfectly. For those of you who may have oily skin, I recommend patting very softly with a clean tissue on your skin after you put the product on. I have been using this technique since I started using the Benefit flawless foundation, and it works great for taking off the excess oil on your skin. However, it does not remove the foundation; it just leaves you with a matte finish. Afterwards, if you usually need to set the tinted moisturizer or any areas where you become oily throughout the day, your final step would be setting these areas with a powder.

I will admit this product is not 100% oil-free, but take into consideration it is a moisturizer so it is purposely hydrating on your skin and may give you a dewy look. However, if you do the tissue technique you can get away with making it look matte. With your skin feeling and being hydrated it helps make your skin look natural and energized giving it this flawless appearance that is great for an everyday effortless look. Ever since I switched to this moisturizer people have been asking me what I have been wearing since they say my makeup has been looking natural! I am so glad that I gave this product a second chance because it is just amazing on my skin and is worth every penny! 

Ivette Sanchez

UC Riverside

Media and Cultural Studies Major, Women Studies Minor Lover of all things beauty and fashion
UC Riverside

UC Riverside