Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

UC Riverside News

5 Ways To Beat The UCR Heat

By Brenda Pham
April 16, 2014 - 3:28am

READ MORE

Five Places to Visit in Downtown Riverside

By Josephine Lien
April 16, 2014 - 3:14am

If you ever find yourself complaining about how boring Riverside is, you probably haven’t discovered the gem that is Downtown Riverside. The area is crammed with amazing stores and restaurants that can’t be found elsewhere, and the best part is that it’s only a fifteen minute bus ride or five minute drive from campus. Now you have no excuse for dull weekends. 1.      Mission Galleria 3700 Main St READ MORE

DIY with Dariana: Easterrific Treats for Spring

By Dariana Chow
April 9, 2014 - 3:55am

Hello HC Cuties! Hopefully most of you survived the dreaded first week of classes. I know right now there is a lot of pressure in trying to get used to your new professors or getting the hang of that nasty math class you have to take, but I think we should take some time out of our busy schedules to celebrate Easter. My dentist must hate me for this but I love Easter because of all of the sweets that come along with it: Peeps, chocolate eggs, and jelly beans galore! So today I am going to show you how to make a delicious, Easter-friendly dessert you can share with your friends and family on that special day. Materials: READ MORE

5 Reasons Why Easter Was Cooler As A Kid

By Alyssa Park
April 7, 2014 - 5:16pm

Easter has always been a more under rated holiday. However, some of my personal best childhood memories took place during Easter. Easter was a time of pure joy as a child, and it seems to have lost that impact for me growing up. Wondering why that was, I devised a list of 5 reasons why I think Easter was better as a kid. 1. Easter egg hunts At some point, a horrible unspoken rule was established where people over the age of 10 apparently don’t need or want rainbow plastic eggs full of candy. I don’t know how this conclusion came about, but on behalf of the bitter teenagers of America, we still like candy. READ MORE

5 Reasons Why Spring Quarter Can Be Hard To Get Through

By Jasmine Najera
March 31, 2014 - 4:37pm

People say that Winter Quarter is the hardest quarter because of many reasons, such as the never-ending cold weather. Also because it’s neither the beginning of the school year, nor the end—which makes it seem like it is lasting forever! Spring Quarter on the other hand, is SO close to summer…I mean, we can all see why it can be difficult to get through. 1.      Bipolar weather. Although it is SUPPOSED to be getting warmer, Riverside is still bipolar. It’s the quarter of wearing shorts and shivering all day, or wearing layers and sweating throughout the afternoon. As if trying to figure out your outfit for the day isn’t hard enough already! READ MORE

UCRoyals: Delta Queen

By Alyssa Park
March 30, 2014 - 3:56pm

Event Date and Time: April 18, 2014, Doors open at 6:30 pm Event Location: Student Rec Center BACKGROUND READ MORE

The Perfect College Guide to Managing Your Time

By Daisy E Soto
March 16, 2014 - 3:27pm

With finals week just around it can feel like there is no time for anything.  But don’t stress! With the right scheduling you can learn to organize and control your time, without going crazy. Get a planner! READ MORE

7 Ideas for a Successful Spring Break

By Raven Morris
March 12, 2014 - 3:57pm

It’s week ten and Spring Break is approaching fast. If you’re anything like me, you can never figure out what to do during the beloved week of freedom. So far, my Spring Breaks have been a little on the boring side. Well, not this time around! Here are a few ideas to make this Spring Break worthwhile!   1. Road trip READ MORE

10 Things I'm Doing During Spring Break

By Jessica Diesta
March 12, 2014 - 3:26pm

It’s week 10 and if there’s anything on anyone’s minds, it’s spring break.  Winter quarter is notorious for being the hardest quarter during the academic school year and I don’t quite know why. In any case, salvation is so close I could almost taste it… almost.  Here are 10 weeks that I’m definitely going to be doing during spring break: 1) Binge watching television shows AND movies.  
That’s right. Television shows and movies. I’m going H.A.M. in my bedroom. . . by myself.
  READ MORE

Queer Eye for the Greek Guy: Fraternities and Queer Space

By Lia Gonzalez
March 11, 2014 - 2:44am

*NAMES OF FRATERNITY AND ITS MEMBERS HAVE BEEN CHANGED TO PROTECT THE PRIVACY AND RESPECT THE WISHES OF ALL PARTIES INVOLVED WITH THIS SOCIAL EXPERIMENT. Helpful terms via HRC.org   READ MORE