Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

UC Riverside Features

The Organizational App Every Collegiette Needs

By Daniela Dominguez
September 25, 2014 - 2:31pm

I’ve recently found myself overwhelmingly busy and out of time—welcome back to college, right? I’ve recently gained a lot of responsibilities and that require a lot of planning and talking, messaging and checking up on different social networks to get in contact with everyone. Needless to say that it’s difficult and time consuming, and it’s something lots of us collegiettes deal with. We all need something that can keep us organized and connect us with the important people in our lives. READ MORE

By Daniela Dominguez
September 24, 2014 - 12:00am

I’ve recently found myself overwhelmingly busy and out of time—welcome back to college, right? I’ve recently gained a lot of responsibilities and that require a lot of planning and talking, messaging and checking up on different social networks to get in contact with everyone. Needless to say that it’s difficult and time consuming, and it’s something lots of us collegiettes deal with. We all need something that can keep us organized and connect us with the important people in our lives.  READ MORE

Open Positions at Her Campus UCR

By Raven Morris
September 10, 2014 - 1:27pm

It’s about that time again! Fall quarter is quickly approaching and Her Campus UCR is looking for excited collegiates to join the team. Whether you’re an existing member or a new recruit, check out the open positions available and apply! Campus Cutie Writers This position is looking for writers to take over our Campus Cutie section! The Campus Cutie Writers will be in charge of writing and uploading Campus Cutie articles on a biweekly basis. These are questionnaire styled articles on a student subject of your choosing (a nomination process is also available). If interested or have questions, please submit a writing sample to danieladominguez@hercampus.com...

7 1990's Films You've Probably Never Seen

By Raven Morris
July 18, 2014 - 4:10pm

I’m a film fanatic who loves a good 1990’s flick. There’s something about the grainy resolution and prevalence of mom jeans that makes me giddy. Being born in the 1990’s made me a keen expert on every kid’s movie ever made during the era. (Arguably the best era for children’s programing, but we’ll save this debate for a lengthy Tumblr post) Although I can still recite whole scenes from It Takes Two, I missed out on the film work made for adult audiences.   Best line of the whole film.  READ MORE

Check It Out: Pentimento

By Daniela Dominguez
June 30, 2014 - 3:31pm

I first came across Pentimento when I went to see Reggie and The Full Effect on a Friday night in Santa Ana. It was earlier this year and I was in no way prepared for Pentimento, I wasn’t even fully aware of who they were. I just knew that they were opening for Reggie and that they were “really frieken good” according to my concert bestie Jess, who had seen them perform the night before in LA. READ MORE

Sew Cute, Sew What! Customade Products

By Lia Gonzalez
June 24, 2014 - 2:30am

Meet Katie Cornejo, a 21 year old full time student at CSU Fullerton majoring in Business with an emphasis in Entrepreneurship. She is also the Fundraising Chair member of the Entrepreneur Society at CSUF and has already taken her first few steps towards one day being her own boss full time. Katie has always been quite crafty and with her savvy salesperson mindset, she decided to turn her talents into a small business all her own. READ MORE

The Not-So Obvious But Way More Awesome Summer Bucket List

By Raven Morris
June 22, 2014 - 2:17pm

It’s finally summertime, and the living is definitely easy. If you’re not jam packed with summer session classes or a part-time job, then you know the never ending struggle of figuring out what to do over break. I’ve been on summer vacation for less than a week and already I have sunken into the inevitable phase of sheer and utter boredom.  Me too Jim, me too.  READ MORE

Check It Out: Monster & Madman

By Daniela Dominguez
June 19, 2014 - 5:49pm

When comic books were a new and unknown territory for me, I stuck to the generic comics. I read things about good looking superheroes that battled weird and socially frowned upon villains. You typically know right from wrong and good from evil in those types of stories. And usually you know how the story will end, the good will prevail over evil and evil will squirm its way back into the city. It’s a seemingly perpetual story line until one unfortunate day when the hero finally dies or decides to respectfully retire. As I got older and inevitably more mature (more experienced in the comic book reading world) I started to find myself bored with these comics. The world is not all black and white and as the saying usually goes, there are many shades of grey....

Music Spotlight: Kap Slap

By Lia Gonzalez
June 16, 2014 - 6:51pm

Get familiar with a DJ by the name of 'Kap Slap' because he's talented, humble, good looking and you're not going to want to miss a minute of his burgeoning career. Having started out doing mashups, or "frat party music," Jared Lucas is a recent Lehigh University graduate about to release his first original track later this year. Don't worry, you'll still get plenty of his signature bootlegs and Slapcasts, but get ready for even more amazing music from him as he transitions into original production. We got to sit down with Kap Slap before his OC show at Yost Theater to chat about the road so far. Keep reading to get to know him better and for links to download his free music...

Study Break with Kap Slap @ Yost Theater

By Lia Gonzalez
June 9, 2014 - 5:03pm

READ MORE