Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

UC Riverside Features

DIY with Dariana: Easy Costumes for the Lazy Collegiette

By Dariana Chow
October 25, 2014 - 8:29pm

Hello HC Cuties! So the countdown for Halloween begins. Midterms are still on their way (jealous glare to those of you who are done with yours) and those sleepless nights and Redbulls have you completely worn out. So when your roommate invites you that last minute costume party Friday night you freak out because you have absolutely nothing to wear and there's no time (or energy) to go buy one. Don't worry for I am here to provide you with some ideas for costumes that are easy to pull off with things you probably already own. Pick your favorite and have a creeptastic night out!   Where's Waldo/Walda? Needs: READ MORE

Become an Editor!

By Raven Morris
October 25, 2014 - 6:02pm

HCUCR has new open positions! Yay!  We are looking for dedicated Section Editors for the current school year. Editor responsibilities include posting their required biweekly article, general section upkeep, editing section articles, attending weekly meetings, and providing section-specific articles when needed.   *In order to apply, you must be able to provide at least 1 published written article (with HCUCR or another public writing platform) and you must be a current UCR student.  READ MORE

For the Wicked: "Black Moon New York"

By Daniela Dominguez
October 25, 2014 - 1:45am

There are some wickedly cool people out there and one of the things that makes them wickedly cool is their creativity. Their ability to send out important messages through art. That being said, I also appreciate great art and like all my other interests, my taste tends to lean towards the darker side, because life is a little dark and the best thing to do is to embrace it. LA artists Jessicka Addams, Camille Rose Garcia, Elizabeth McGrath and Marion Peck have put together some spooky art for our favorite time of the year. The exhibit will be held in New York, but you can sample the art here and see more of it on the Sloan Art website. Exhibit starts tomorrow!...

BAND Together Before Midterms

By Daniela Dominguez
October 22, 2014 - 5:12pm

We may have just started the quarter, but here at HCUCR, we think it’s not too early to start studying for midterms. Yes, we know. It’s easier said than done. A great way to cure that inevitable case of studying procrastination is BAND, the new app that makes planning and updating everything in your life way easier than it would normally be (because we all know how incredibly stressful it gets!).       Check out how BAND can help you study: READ MORE

HC Survival Kits

By Daniela Dominguez
October 20, 2014 - 11:44pm

We received some super rad stuff in the mail last week, courtesy of Her Campus, Luna Bars, Affinitas, Aeropostale, Chipotle, Garnier and Nasty Gal! And so many more. We were absolutely psyched after seeing everyone else’s HC Survival Kits and could not wait to receive ours and when we finally did we loved all the goodies. The cupcake panties from Affinitas were an absolute hit and the other products were a definite necessity for back to school. We have so much left over and cannot wait to share them with our followers that catch us tabling within the next few weeks. We hope to see you guys all out there and many thanks to Her Campus for hooking us up with all these cute Survival Kit products! READ MORE...

Calling All Green Thumbs - Plant Sale at the Botanic Gardens

By Elizabeth Duong
October 20, 2014 - 3:03am

Is your green thumb itching, well look no further! UCR’s Botanic Gardens will be having their Fall Plant Sale this weekend Oct. 25th and 26th! There will be ~ 10,000 plants that you can choose from and add to your lovely homes. Click here to check out the full list of plants available to purchase. For more information please check out the event page and make sure to like : Friends of the UCR Botanic Gardens for posts of beautiful plants and information....

DIY with Dariana: Spookify your room this Halloween

By Dariana Chow
October 11, 2014 - 11:16pm

Hello, HC Cuties! It’s been a while since we last met. Apparently four months was not enough of a vacation because most of us are already counting down the days till the holiday break (or is that just me?) Even though the school year has just begun, the holidays are already upon us. The closest one we have is Halloween, which even though it doesn’t give us the day off, is still pretty awesome. But as 18-20something year olds, some of us might feel a little too old to be tricking or treating. Around that time there will most likely be those random costume-frat ragers but for those of us who aren’t really into the party scene what else is left? READ MORE

The Organizational App Every Collegiette Needs

By Daniela Dominguez
September 25, 2014 - 2:31pm

I’ve recently found myself overwhelmingly busy and out of time—welcome back to college, right? I’ve recently gained a lot of responsibilities and that require a lot of planning and talking, messaging and checking up on different social networks to get in contact with everyone. Needless to say that it’s difficult and time consuming, and it’s something lots of us collegiettes deal with. We all need something that can keep us organized and connect us with the important people in our lives. READ MORE

By Daniela Dominguez
September 24, 2014 - 12:00am

I’ve recently found myself overwhelmingly busy and out of time—welcome back to college, right? I’ve recently gained a lot of responsibilities and that require a lot of planning and talking, messaging and checking up on different social networks to get in contact with everyone. Needless to say that it’s difficult and time consuming, and it’s something lots of us collegiettes deal with. We all need something that can keep us organized and connect us with the important people in our lives.  READ MORE

Open Positions at Her Campus UCR

By Raven Morris
September 10, 2014 - 1:27pm

It’s about that time again! Fall quarter is quickly approaching and Her Campus UCR is looking for excited collegiates to join the team. Whether you’re an existing member or a new recruit, check out the open positions available and apply! Campus Cutie Writers This position is looking for writers to take over our Campus Cutie section! The Campus Cutie Writers will be in charge of writing and uploading Campus Cutie articles on a biweekly basis. These are questionnaire styled articles on a student subject of your choosing (a nomination process is also available). If interested or have questions, please submit a writing sample to danieladominguez@hercampus.com...