Natalie Arredondo and The Well Christian Club

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Riverside chapter.

Age: 21

Year: Third Year

Major: Media and Cultural Studies

Hometown: Los Angeles

Favorite Band: The Kooks

Favorite Film:  A Cinderella Story

Passions/Talents: Art

Tell us about The Well Christian Club and how you got involved with the organization?

At The Well Christian Club we have a vision to live out the two greatest commandments which are to love God and love others. We strive to show others the love of God not only with words but with action. We do devotions, worship, book club and so much more! I was looking for real people that were really looking for God. I remembered hearing about The Well once my freshman year and decided I would go check it out. As you can see I found what I was looking for and so much more.

What are some of your key responsibilities you have as Co-President?

Other than organizing our week to week club meetings with my co-president Shirley, we also put on quarterly events. This winter quarter we put on a Q&A forum at the bell tower. We brought in four pastors and allowed anybody who wanted to know more about Christianity to ask questions. Next quarter we’re thinking of putting on a worship night.

How can other students get involved?

It’s easy to get plugged in! All you have to do is show up. We meet at HUB 260 on Wednesdays from 12-1. If that doesn’t fit in your schedule there’s other ways you can get involved, the easiest way to get in contact with us is through Facebook, The Well Christian Club @ UCR. We have a Scantron Outreach, so around test time we just go out and give away scantrons because we know people need them. You can also catch us playing Bocce ball on the lawn in front of Watkins. We always have free pizza, all you have to do is ask. We work on a rotating schedule so that’s just one week!

How has this position enriched your time here at UCR?

Through this position, I have had the opportunity to meet some amazing people. A huge pro of joining a club is that you find people who love the same things you love. I have also had the opportunity to be more active on campus. It gives me a reason to stay on campus for more than just class.  Being active in The Well is definitely one of the reasons I love UCR so much. It’s taught me to put others before myself and to work hard to make sure people have a place where they can find God and people who become more than friends, they become family.

How have you managed to balance your time between school, work and The Well?

To say that I love The Well Christian Club is an understatement and when you love something it’s easy to pour a lot of time into it. I’m blessed to have a job that I also love, so work, although exhausting, often brings more joy to me than stress. The hardest thing for me to put time into is school, but I’ve always known the importance of an education and I acknowledge that it’s a privilege, so I make a conscious effort to give it the times it deserves. I will say that if your schedule is as packed as mine, make sure to get a planner.

What are your plans after graduation?

What don’t I want to do after graduation? I might go to Bible College, get involved with a Christian non-profit, take up graphic design or become an elementary school teacher, only time will tell.

And lastly, do you have a favorite TV show obsession at the moment?

I can’t pick just one! It’s a three way tie between Supernatural, Grey’s Anatomy, and Teen Wolf. 

Raven Morris

UC Riverside

I'm a 3rd year Media and Cultural Studies major at the University of California, Riverside
UC Riverside

UC Riverside