This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Riverside chapter.

Meet the beautiful Marty Levers!

The Basics

Full Name: Marty R. (my middle name shall not be uttered) Levers

Hometown: Kingsburg, CA

Major: Creative Writing

Relationship Status: Pleasantly taken by Danny Darling.

Who do you admire? I admire and love to death my mom; she’s been there every step of the way. Even if she’s not biologically my mother, she is my mom of heart.

Hobbies and Favorites

What are some of your hobbies?  I like to sew and take long walks in grass (sand gets in-between the toes and who likes that?)

Favorite Book?  Pride and Prejudice

Favorite Film? This is a three way tie; The Godfather Part I, Casablanca, and Sleepless in Seattle.

Favorite TV Show? The Walking Dead and Revenge are perfect, but I recently discovered the cancelled show 666 Park Avenue on Netflix. Awesome.

UCR Life

Why did you decide on Creative Writing as a major? I love to write, it’s my way of expressing everything I feel. UCR is the only UC with a creative writing major, so go Highlanders!

Are you in any current clubs on campus?  I am pledging OZChi. This is a service based sorority with amazing women I can call sisters.

The Future

What is your dream job? I want to be one of those successful eccentric authors who works all hours of the night while eating pizza and purely caffeinated beverages. I’ll probably not be showering during this period. I will also have a cat.4

Where do you see yourself in 5 years? I see myself pursuing an MFA, possibly still on the UCR campus.

There you have it! Memorize the name because you could very well see it on the New York Times besteller list!

Daisy E Soto

UC Riverside

Born and raised in sunny California. Daisy would learn the ancient ways of the 'valley girl.' she would go on to graduate from an unknown high school in Fontana and move to Riverside to study with the highlanders. She is in a committed relationship with her English bulldog, Toby and her television. Daisy idolizes authors such as John Green, Jane Austen, and Susan Elizabeth Phillips and hopes she can be a speck as brilliant as they are in the future.
UC Riverside

UC Riverside