Hot New Apps Right Now

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Riverside chapter.

With so many apps coming out nowadays, it’s hard to stay updated. Here’s a list of some new and noteworthy apps that are gaining popularity fast. Best of all, they’re all free!

CocoPPa

Available for: iPhone

You customize your home wallpaper and lock screen, add pictures to your contacts, and most importantly: you like to decorate things. The latest fad sweeping the app nation is CocoPPa which allows users to you personalize app icons for other applications on their phone, as well as your wallpapers. It works by making a new icon as a shortcut to the app, which means you still need to keep the original app. The process for each transformation is simple and detailed, and the new decorated icon takes you to the actual app itself.

Wrapp

Available for: iPhone and Android

For those who enjoy giving and receiving freebies! You may have seen this social gifting app on FaceBook, as friends can “give” gift cards and such to each other via Wrapp. Companies use this to reach out to potential shoppers and their friends. Some gift cards you can send for free, and others you can buy the amounts with which you want them to be worth. The gift cards available are constantly changing, and are for stores such as H&M and Gap, as well as trial subscriptions to some magazines and Hulu Plus. These can be redeemed before their expiration date by presenting them upon purchase.

4 Pics 1 Word

Available for: iPhone and Android

Critical-thinking-game-lovers rejoice! There’s a new app to obsess over in your free time and that’s 4 Pics 1 Word. In each round you’re presented with 4 different pictures, and you are given a letter bank to guess the word that is being described. You gain points for each round and these points can be redeemed for lifelines down the road to reveal a letter from the word or remove letters from the letter bank.

Stephanie Fong

UC Riverside

Stephanie Fong is a second year Pre-Business major at the University of California Riverside. She discovered her love for journalism while writing for her high school newspaper. She is also the Director of Electronic Communications and a proud member of UCR's Delta Gamma. This adventure-seeking, cardio-kickboxing food-lover can't wait to share her stories with you!
UC Riverside

UC Riverside