Food Adventures Near & Far [Part 3]

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Riverside chapter.

Another decade-themed restaurant I discovered in Downtown Riverside was ProAbition, which also features a bar, lounge, and outdoor patio sitting area. It is situated in the central area of Downtown Riverside and is diagonally across from Riverside’s Mission Inn Hotel.

Right after you read the name of this restaurant, I’m sure you knew right away what decade this restaurant’s emphasis was on. Yes, the “Roaring Twenties.” When I ate here for lunch, I noticed that the restaurant’s ambience was strongly displaying all the main elements from this twentieth century decade. The jazz music was pumping through the speakers and the decor, ranging from 1920s-styled lighting fixtures to the posters of flappers, were all strewn throughout the restaurant’s interior. It was like I had stepped into F. Scott Fitzgerald’s fictional world of The Great Gatsby.

I ordered the Double Decker Club sandwich (comprised of tender roasted chicken, chewy Applewood-smoked bacon, avocado lettuce, tomato, and garlic aioli on toasted dark wheat bread), which came with a side of fries and dipping container filled with ketchup. The sandwich was very filling; the bread wasn’t soggy, the lettuce and avocado were fresh-tasting, and the roasted chicken/smoked bacon duo tasted delicious together.

Additional 1920s-esque menu items (i.e. sandwiches, burgers, and salads), include The Dapper Monte Cristo, Bootlegger Burger, and Speakeasy Caprese Salad.

So long for now! 

* Stay tuned for new food adventures to appear in [Part 4].

– Sincerely your HCUCR food critic,

Anna

{The featured food dish was photographed and edited by the writer via iPhone 5c}

Anna Busch

UC Riverside

Hello, hope you enjoy reading my articles!
UC Riverside

UC Riverside