Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

UC Riverside Celebrities

Aaron Hunro: Doctor and Actor in the making

By UC Riverside Contributor
May 29, 2014 - 11:55pm

Major: Theatre: Film-Making and Pre-Medicine Age: 23 Hometown: Long Beach, CA Interesting Facts: Born in the Inland Empire, raised in Long Beach. I have a half-brother. I’m full Cambodian. I’m trilingual. I’ve visited three out of seven continents. I’ve been to 32 out of 50 states. And I want to be on the Amazing Race one day. READ MORE

Theresa Palafox, High School Principal In the Making

By Ivette Sanchez
May 18, 2014 - 7:02pm

DOB: 02/26/1992 Major: Political Science      Year: 4th Hometown: San Diego! Relationship Status: In a relationship   Current obsession: 1. Experimenting with food 2. Being outdoors & exploring nature 3. Going to the dog park and mingling with other doggies Where do you see yourself in 5years? READ MORE

Bubbly, Yet Sassy Girl, Griselda Segura

By Charina Nguyen
May 12, 2014 - 3:36am

This week campus celebrity is Griselda Segura who is currently a third year student majoring in Business Adminstration with concentration of Marketing and have recently become next year president for The Leadership Community for Women (yay!) Congrats gurrrl! (girl...)  READ MORE

Tania Shaik, Full of Wanderlust

By Elizabeth Duong
April 19, 2014 - 2:58pm

Tania Shaik has a great head on her shoulder and is a force to be reckoned with! She loves to travel and see what the world has to offer. This week’s campus cutie is also an inspiring Highlander, who wants to have an impact in the world!!  Major & Year: Political Science/ International Affairs - Senior What is your perfect date?
- Maybe a nice cafe, with some sweet alternative jazz in the background. READ MORE

Jessica Juarez

By Lia Gonzalez
April 13, 2014 - 2:28am

Meet Jessica Juarez, a young and dedicated 4th year and lifetime Alpha Chi Omega member who helped better the UCR Panhellenic community one step at a time! Jessica always made sure to be a fair leader who hoped to unify the Greek masses at UCR to help collegiates take full advantage of their opportunities while building lasting friendships. As a member of Alpha Chi Omega, she made her sister proud to see how far she's come since her freshman year, stepping up as the face of Panhellenic last year. As one of Jessica's pledge sisters (woo Fall '09!) I am honored to call her my sister, and I, along with all my sisters, was always excited to see her come in with her council making Panhellenic announcements. READ MORE...

Richard Phan: The Future of Optometry

By Dariana Chow
March 31, 2014 - 3:30pm

Major: Biology Year: 4th year Hometown: Fullerton Fun fact: I have a baby marginated tortoise   What organizations are you involved in at UCR? READ MORE

Aundrey Jones: Someone to look out for!

By Ivette Sanchez
March 16, 2014 - 3:53pm

READ MORE

Natalie Arredondo and The Well Christian Club

By Raven Morris
March 10, 2014 - 3:14pm

Age: 21 Year: Third Year Major: Media and Cultural Studies Hometown: Los Angeles Favorite Band: The Kooks Favorite Film:  A Cinderella Story Passions/Talents: Art   Tell us about The Well Christian Club and how you got involved with the organization? READ MORE

Candace Viero: Sci-fi Queen

By Daisy E Soto
March 3, 2014 - 3:26pm

Major: BS in Biology and a Minor in Media and Cultural Studies Hometown: Hesperia, CA Relationship Status: Single! Current Obsessions:  Well, I’m totally embarrassed to admit this, but I’ve recently embarked on my newest guilty pleasure. A friend of mine finally convinced me to start watching The Vampire Diaries—yes, I know, about five years late, but still! READ MORE

AXO Delta Queen Contestant - Sonam Patel

By Lia Gonzalez
February 24, 2014 - 3:59pm

Meet Sonam Patel, first year poli sci major with a lot on her plate this year!
Favorites:
Thing to do for fun: Watch the NFL on Sunday’s.
Favorite Food: My favorite foods are pasta and ice cream
Favorite Band/Artist: Hardwell and Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike 3 Interesting Facts about Sonam:
-My favorite color is teal.
-I am really creative.
-I am obsessed with the Dallas Cowboys READ MORE