Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

UC Riverside Celebrities

Tania Shaik, Full of Wanderlust

By Elizabeth Duong
April 19, 2014 - 2:58pm

Tania Shaik has a great head on her shoulder and is a force to be reckoned with! She loves to travel and see what the world has to offer. This week’s campus cutie is also an inspiring Highlander, who wants to have an impact in the world!!  Major & Year: Political Science/ International Affairs - Senior What is your perfect date?
- Maybe a nice cafe, with some sweet alternative jazz in the background. READ MORE

Jessica Juarez

By Lia Gonzalez
April 13, 2014 - 2:28am

Meet Jessica Juarez, a young and dedicated 4th year and lifetime Alpha Chi Omega member who helped better the UCR Panhellenic community one step at a time! Jessica always made sure to be a fair leader who hoped to unify the Greek masses at UCR to help collegiates take full advantage of their opportunities while building lasting friendships. As a member of Alpha Chi Omega, she made her sister proud to see how far she's come since her freshman year, stepping up as the face of Panhellenic last year. As one of Jessica's pledge sisters (woo Fall '09!) I am honored to call her my sister, and I, along with all my sisters, was always excited to see her come in with her council making Panhellenic announcements. READ MORE...

Richard Phan: The Future of Optometry

By Dariana Chow
March 31, 2014 - 3:30pm

Major: Biology Year: 4th year Hometown: Fullerton Fun fact: I have a baby marginated tortoise   What organizations are you involved in at UCR? READ MORE

Aundrey Jones: Someone to look out for!

By Ivette Sanchez
March 16, 2014 - 3:53pm

READ MORE

Natalie Arredondo and The Well Christian Club

By Raven Morris
March 10, 2014 - 3:14pm

Age: 21 Year: Third Year Major: Media and Cultural Studies Hometown: Los Angeles Favorite Band: The Kooks Favorite Film:  A Cinderella Story Passions/Talents: Art   Tell us about The Well Christian Club and how you got involved with the organization? READ MORE

Candace Viero: Sci-fi Queen

By Daisy E Soto
March 3, 2014 - 3:26pm

Major: BS in Biology and a Minor in Media and Cultural Studies Hometown: Hesperia, CA Relationship Status: Single! Current Obsessions:  Well, I’m totally embarrassed to admit this, but I’ve recently embarked on my newest guilty pleasure. A friend of mine finally convinced me to start watching The Vampire Diaries—yes, I know, about five years late, but still! READ MORE

AXO Delta Queen Contestant - Sonam Patel

By Lia Gonzalez
February 24, 2014 - 3:59pm

Meet Sonam Patel, first year poli sci major with a lot on her plate this year!
Favorites:
Thing to do for fun: Watch the NFL on Sunday’s.
Favorite Food: My favorite foods are pasta and ice cream
Favorite Band/Artist: Hardwell and Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike 3 Interesting Facts about Sonam:
-My favorite color is teal.
-I am really creative.
-I am obsessed with the Dallas Cowboys READ MORE

Rebecca Paredes: Queen of the Written Word

By Jessica Diesta
February 18, 2014 - 3:58am

Photo by Vincent Ta Rebecca Paredes is a fourth year Creative Writing major.  She hails from Lake Elsinore and can’t snap, which “severely limits [her] ability to properly sass.”  Rebecca’s current favorite book is “Girlchild” by Tupelo Hassman.  Rebecca is a powerhouse when it comes to the written word.  At twenty-one years old, she’s Editor in Chief of Life at UCR and the Arts and Entertainment editor for the Highlander newspaper.  Want to learn more about Rebecca’s endless ambition? Read on! READ MORE

Melisa Ramirez: Girl on Fire

By Amanda Flores
February 10, 2014 - 4:31am

READ MORE

Darren Bueno, UCR's Sports Man!

By Raven Morris
February 3, 2014 - 3:56pm

Age: 21 Year: Third year Major: English Hometown: Ontario, California Favorite Band: The Cure Favorite Film: The Breakfast Club One Interesting Fact About You: I volunteered at an Idaho zoo for two summers during high school. I worked with lions, tigers, snow leopards, penguins and bears! What position do you hold at The Highlander and what steps did you take to get there? READ MORE