This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Riverside chapter.

Basics

Age: 18

Major: Sociology/Law and Society

Graduating year: 2017

Hometown: Riverside

Relationship status: Taken!

Hobbies: Shopping, running, other outdoor activities

Favorites

TV show: I’m not much of a TV watcher. I would rather spend my time doing other activities.

Artist: I’m a big fan of Spanish singers. I was obsessed with Chino y Nacho for the longest time!

Memory: For some reason I always remember my family and I going to the snow when I was really young. It’s probably the oldest memory I have.

Random Facts

Most listened to song in your music library?

“Kiss You” by One Direction

Something you can’t leave home without?

Obviously my cell phone and wallet.

Fun fact about you?

I was pretty bad in elementary school. One time in fifth grade I got so mad at a guy that I broke his glasses because he didn’t do what I asked multiple times. I felt bad after though.

Digging Deep

Who do you consider to be your biggest role model?

My mom is the absolute strongest woman I have ever met. I hope that one day I’ll be at least half the woman she is today. She is no doubt my biggest role model.

Can you describe yourself in three words?

Clumsy, bubbly, and strange.

How do you deal with having a long distance relationship?

At first it was a little different but then we both realized that, as cheesy as it sounds, the distance only made us stronger. Even though there are days that our busy schedules mix and we can’t talk a lot, we are usually in constant contact.

Life at UCR

Why did you decide to come to UCR?

Since I have plans on going to law school, I decided to save some money now and commute.

What is your favorite part about being a commuter?

Easy! Being able to have the comfort of your own bed to sleep on. And my mom is an amazing cook. I can’t ask for much more.

What’s your favorite thing about UCR so far?

My favorite thing about UCR has got to be the people. I haven’t met anyone who hasn’t been genuinely nice to me and wants to help out the random freshman.

A Look into the Future

What are your plans for the future?

My dream has always been to become a lawyer and help people that have been victims of domestic violence.

What is one of the things on your bucket list?

To visit all seven wonders of the world.

What places have you traveled to or would like to visit?

My family travels a lot to Venezuela and Peru. Over summer I went to Machu Picchu for the first time and it was absolutely magical!

Darcie Chapman

UC Riverside

UC Riverside

UC Riverside