Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

UC Riverside Blog

Why We Love Her: Meghan Markle

By Raven Morris
August 4, 2014 - 1:31am

I can't be the only one obsessed with this girl. Meghan Markle is my new bestfriend in my head, and here's why: 1. She Plays Rachel Zane on Suits. Suits!!! Aaaahhh! You're missing out on life if you're not watching Suits! 2. She’s a Huge Foodie READ MORE

Yay or Nay: Birkenstock

By Elizabeth Duong
July 28, 2014 - 9:12pm

Birkenstock, go-to sandals for dads or the next trend crazy? YOU be the judge! I will have to admit, I have joined the bandwagon or at least the Tumblr bandwagon  and got myself an alternative sandal that has been inspired by the original Birkenstock Arizona sandals.   These sandals originated from Germany and were invented by Konrad Birkenstock. Birkenstock pride themselves  with their hand-crafted sandals which bring comfort to their costumers. Their goal is also to be eco-friendly with their products and production processes.  READ MORE

Yay or Nay: Sporty

By Elizabeth Duong
July 28, 2014 - 8:42pm

Sport inspired clothing and sneakers are no rookies to the fashion world. Sportswear has been trending for the past few years and have been on countless runways. The trend is ever-evolving by the inspiring minds of Gucci, Tommy Hilfiger, and Marc Jacobs to just name a few. Some of the runway looks are not commerical, everyday wear however they do embody and pull some inspiration from athletic wear. I tend to be drawn more to wearable, everyday looks that you can possibly see on Tumblr, Youtube, or Lookbook. I personally think the "sporty looks" are comfortable and effortlessly cool. Here are a few options on  how to approach this sporty fashion trend:
Look 1...

Check It Out: KEROSENE QUEEN

By Daniela Dominguez
June 3, 2014 - 12:13am

The thing about Her Campus is that we want to be diverse and we want to share things that reach all types of readers. Comic books and rock music (of all different branches of rock), are a totally normal and comfortable thing for me, but for some of you it’s just a waste of money and noise. To that I add, yeah, rock n’ roll is noise. It’s angry and it’s loud. It shouts and feels no remorse or regret. It’s blunt and it always has a rebellious mission, whether it’s against society, your parents, the government, homophobia, sexism, racism, hate, and sometimes even yourself. I’ve made rock music my security blanket, my canvass, my blank page, my means of expression and my therapy, because yeah, I’m a pretty messed up person....

5 Summer Hairstyles Inspired By Gossip Girl

By Mia Garcia
June 2, 2014 - 8:13pm

Gossip Girl was not only known for its scandals and schemes, but it was also known for the great style that the ladies of the show sported when in the act.  Although the series ended its stint on the small screen nearly a year and a half ago, many of the looks were on point, especially the hairstyles that each of the characters donned. Since I’ve been binge watching the show on Netflix, Gossip Girl is my current obsession and inspiration. A lot of the hairstyles worn by the characters are perfect for the summer and these are some of the looks I’ve been dying to try that can easily be done at home. XOXO.    Blair Waldorf READ MORE

Say Goodbye to Acne Forever! Ivette's Nighttime Skincare Routine

By Ivette Sanchez
May 29, 2014 - 3:31pm

My top acne treatments have been my secret to maintaining healthy skin. I broke out terribly in the beginning of the year and I was searching for something to help get rid of my acne. After extensive trips to Sephora and Ulta, into my hands fell the perfect items that I have not been able to live without. A good night routine has been the one thing I cannot miss any night, regardless of how exhausted I may be. If you want to see what products have been working for me to get rid of acne, I recommend to reading below my favorite skincare products. Please note, what may work for me may not work for you. However, I have recommended these products to many friends and they have worked for them....

Music Festivals to Attend This Summer

By Josephine Lien
May 27, 2014 - 5:38am

As the days warm up exponentially, I think of two things: the possibility of suffering a heat stroke and the impending music festival season. Indeed, the months of pure musical heaven are upon us, and I suggest you take advantage of it. With varying price ranges and musical genres, there is a festival out there for you in SoCal. Santa Monica Pier’s Twilight Concerts Price: Free READ MORE

Check It Out: DIPLOID LOVE

By Daniela Dominguez
May 20, 2014 - 2:31am

There are only few situations in life that make me hyperaware of myself in a totally, overwhelmingly, fantastic way. Concerts (and music in general) usually do it for me, it almost feels as if I’m moving too slowly for the universe and in turn my senses heighten. Every vibration and movement seems to ripple through me and tear out in adrenaline and every noise seems to echo loudly, thrashing against my skull. Everyone likes music! Doesn’t matter who you are or what your interests are, chances are that you’re into some kind of music. And I’m just here to share something that I thought was rad as f*ck. READ MORE

eBay's #GiftsForGrads

By Nicole Danielle Martinez
May 20, 2014 - 1:37am

Graduation is upon us and you've worked hard for the past several years to get to where you are now, and it's time to "Treat Yo Self" (or better yet, be treated). If you've been eyeing a certain graduation gift lately but don't want to be too obvious about what you'd like to receive, then head on over to eBay and create a collection using the hashtag #GiftsForGrads. Share your collection with your loved ones so they get the hint! Not only does eBay have the best deals, but if you create a #GiftsForGrads collection, you'll be entered to win $500 to shop on eBay! READ MORE

5 Rules to Dating Someone New

By Mia Garcia
May 19, 2014 - 4:25pm

Getting back into relationships can be scary, especially if you are someone who is getting out of a long term one. You may feel like you have no idea how to be with anyone else so part of you screams “What is the use of getting back into another one?!”. But honestly getting back into relationships can be fun if you think positively. 1.     Never bring up your ex READ MORE