Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

UC Riverside Blog

IE Cupcake Fair Exclusive Cupcake & Frosting Recipes

By Nicole Danielle Martinez
April 17, 2014 - 4:12am

For More Information call Su Pak @ (909) 257-8862 READ MORE

Should You Buy It or Deny It? Review 2

By Ivette Sanchez
April 16, 2014 - 7:39pm

Makeup Review: Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer (worth every penny) READ MORE

It’s Okay to be Single! Here’s why

By Daisy E Soto
April 16, 2014 - 7:28pm

In our culture, being alone romantically or otherwise often marks you as an outsider or often a loser. I am 20 years old and I have never been on a date. For most people this doesn’t seem like a big deal. For me a person, who is obsessed with all things romance and constantly struggles with weight issues being single, can feel like the end of the world. I know how it feels to watch your friends jump from boyfriend to boyfriend and you’re still sitting in your room alone watching a sappy romance movie. All you can do is listen along as your friends talk about their first kiss or who they lost their virginity to. But, I’m here to remind you that all this is fine! READ MORE

Expectations vs. Reality: College Edition

By Jessica Diesta
April 10, 2014 - 1:31pm

Hollywood does a really good job of glamorizing the life of a twenty-something in college. While college definitely has the potential of becoming akin to Project X, it is definitely not an average day in the life of a college student.  With the academic school year coming to a close, I think it’s time to confront the reality of college life instead of filling our heads with all of these expectations. Roommates READ MORE

HCUCR & Neuro SLEEPover

By Nicole Danielle Martinez
April 9, 2014 - 2:26am

Neuro will be on campus on April 9th (Wednesday) for a sleepover! Okay, not a real sleepover, but they'll be at the Bell Tower passing out goodies (eye masks, pillow cases, t-shirts) and Neuro sleep product from 11am-3pm. There will even be a photo booth with an actual bed! This SLEEPover will make every Highlanders dreams come true! Neuro SLEEP is a scientifically-based functional beverage that gives you a full night's rest in a natural way. So if you're laying your pretty head on your pillow, but find yourself tossing and turning because of the heat, or the jitters, Neuro SLEEP will sure come in handy! Why lay in bed counting sheep, when you can drink a bottle of Neuro SLEEP to ease you into a restful...

Something Rad, This Way, Comes

By Daniela Dominguez
April 9, 2014 - 2:00am

It’s that super spectacular time of year again and I could not be more so elated. Free Comic Book Day is within counting down distance and it makes my head spin with an overwhelming sense of self. There is nothing more fulfilling than hitting up as many shops as you can and getting as many free comics as you can (well that may be a slight hyperbole)! Around this time last year I was merely pondering the idea of telling all about Free Comic Book Day, not out of some weird selfish thing but because I wasn’t particularly sure that many people were even into comic books anymore....

Yay or Nay: Kimonos

By Elizabeth Duong
April 7, 2014 - 7:58pm

Kimonos are a big must have this spring once again! They are light-weight and a great addition to any outfit for any occasion. A kimono can spice up a plain outfit or is a versatile way to get some coverage without wearing too many layers. Since we all know Riverside tends to be warm in the spring and summer time, a kimono is the solution to those heat waves. It's flowy, breezy, and effortlessly chic! Kimonos are an expectional piece to add to your wardrobe! It is a trend that anyone can introduce to their everyday outfits. Also, it's a stylish way to cover up for bikini season which is only a few months away!  READ MORE

Frankly Chat Comes to UCR

By Nicole Danielle Martinez
April 7, 2014 - 5:58pm

Frankly Chat is on campus this April 8th (Tuesday) from 11am-3pm. They'll be at the Bell Tower handing out some prizes! Come on out and get free stuff! And be sure to download the APP!  What Is Frankly Chat & How Does It Work? Normal texting is just words – Frankly takes chatting to a whole new level! Because, seriously - what if you want to yell? Or whisper? Or be sarcastic? Or funny? It’s not just about what you say, it’s HOW you say it. Please pick your favorite aspects of the app below and explain them in your blog post. Here’s what makes Frankly Chat awesome: READ MORE

Farewell to How I Met Your Mother

By Mia Garcia
April 7, 2014 - 12:34am

This past Monday faithful audiences said goodbye to the story that took nine years to conclude. How I Met Your Mother was loved by many audiences and no doubt left a mark on television history. The witty complex characters that often occupied good ol’ MacLaren’s will surely be missed on small screens everywhere. However, after the finale concluded Monday evening, angered fans took to many outlets of social media feeling let down. There were many factors that lead to this disappointment and it made fans question the writers that were in charge of the great adventures that the gang had taken part in after all those years. READ MORE

Music Monday - Free Downloads

By Lia Gonzalez
March 31, 2014 - 1:28am

Hey Highlanders! Here’s hoping you had a fun and relaxing spring break. Some of you probably woke up this morning with stars in your eyes, prepared to take on the last quarter of the year. But for those who struggled to pop out of bed this Monday after a week of spring break, here are some songs handpicked by me that I hope will get you through the week!   Trap Wake Up
Audien - Elysium (gLAdiator remix)
Free Dowload <-- Link READ MORE