Ask Aiden: Happy, Free, Confused, and Lonely at the Same Time

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Riverside chapter.

Here at HCUCR, we want to help you create the best college experience you can possibly have! Sometimes though, we all need a little advice, but from a MALE’S perspective. Ask Aiden your question(s) here.

My boyfriend sometimes does not understand that I want to make more friends at school. What can I tell him to get him to understand that its not something bad.

Well, it’s important to have a balance of friends as well as doing well in school. It’s crucial for us to not take college for granted because out parents do sacrifice a lot for us to be here, but it’s also great to experience new people and for us to meet new people and for us to meet and network with the people around us.

What kinds of things can you talk about to your crush when he seems to be the quiet & shy type? Or does he seem that way cause he doesn’t want to talk to you? -Forever Alone

Well, when it comes to your crush that’s shy, you need to be genuine about why you’re talking to them. If you’re trying to get to know them so you can be their friend, then that takes progress and time. It doesn’t just happen right away. He’ll learn to trust you and become more open. If a guy doesn’t want to talk to you, then most likely it’ll be obvious.

I started to like this guy in my dance class, we started talking by a chance that we became partners, but I’m not sure if he likes me too, we get a long pretty well and we hang out after a class for a while, we have two classes together, but he’s a 4th year and I’m a second year so I’m not sure what to think, any advice ?? – Happy and Conufused

Age difference does not have much to do with it, but it’s not wise to allow yourself to fall too quickly especially if you guys don’t know each other too well. You can drop hints and see how he responds. This is college, and some guys are just nice guys. It’s not best for you to jump into it too quick. Protect your heart.

Nicole Martinez

UC Riverside

Nicole is a senior at UC Riverside where she is majoring in Media and Culture studies. She co-founded the Her Campus UC Riverside chapter her sophomore year in college. She loves to spend her free time watching The Mindy Project, Girls, Pretty Little Liars, and other shows with leading ladies. She also dabbles on tumblr, instagram (obviwearetheladies), and twitter. Mindy Kailing and Shoshanna are her spirit animals and in the near future she hopes to achieve elite status on Yelp, pursue a career in Public Relations and ultimately conquer the world.