Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

UC Riverside Archives

7 1990's Films You've Probably Never Seen

By Raven Morris
July 18, 2014 - 4:10pm

I’m a film fanatic who loves a good 1990’s flick. There’s something about the grainy resolution and prevalence of mom jeans that makes me giddy. Being born in the 1990’s made me a keen expert on every kid’s movie ever made during the era. (Arguably the best era for children’s programing, but we’ll save this debate for a lengthy Tumblr post) Although I can still recite whole scenes from It Takes Two, I missed out on the film work made for adult audiences.   Best line of the whole film.  READ MORE

Check It Out: Pentimento

By Daniela Dominguez
June 30, 2014 - 3:31pm

I first came across Pentimento when I went to see Reggie and The Full Effect on a Friday night in Santa Ana. It was earlier this year and I was in no way prepared for Pentimento, I wasn’t even fully aware of who they were. I just knew that they were opening for Reggie and that they were “really frieken good” according to my concert bestie Jess, who had seen them perform the night before in LA. READ MORE

Sew Cute, Sew What! Customade Products

By Lia Gonzalez
June 24, 2014 - 2:30am

Meet Katie Cornejo, a 21 year old full time student at CSU Fullerton majoring in Business with an emphasis in Entrepreneurship. She is also the Fundraising Chair member of the Entrepreneur Society at CSUF and has already taken her first few steps towards one day being her own boss full time. Katie has always been quite crafty and with her savvy salesperson mindset, she decided to turn her talents into a small business all her own. READ MORE

The Not-So Obvious But Way More Awesome Summer Bucket List

By Raven Morris
June 22, 2014 - 2:17pm

It’s finally summertime, and the living is definitely easy. If you’re not jam packed with summer session classes or a part-time job, then you know the never ending struggle of figuring out what to do over break. I’ve been on summer vacation for less than a week and already I have sunken into the inevitable phase of sheer and utter boredom.  Me too Jim, me too.  READ MORE

Check It Out: Monster & Madman

By Daniela Dominguez
June 19, 2014 - 5:49pm

When comic books were a new and unknown territory for me, I stuck to the generic comics. I read things about good looking superheroes that battled weird and socially frowned upon villains. You typically know right from wrong and good from evil in those types of stories. And usually you know how the story will end, the good will prevail over evil and evil will squirm its way back into the city. It’s a seemingly perpetual story line until one unfortunate day when the hero finally dies or decides to respectfully retire. As I got older and inevitably more mature (more experienced in the comic book reading world) I started to find myself bored with these comics. The world is not all black and white and as the saying usually goes, there are many shades of grey....

Music Spotlight: Kap Slap

By Lia Gonzalez
June 16, 2014 - 6:51pm

Get familiar with a DJ by the name of 'Kap Slap' because he's talented, humble, good looking and you're not going to want to miss a minute of his burgeoning career. Having started out doing mashups, or "frat party music," Jared Lucas is a recent Lehigh University graduate about to release his first original track later this year. Don't worry, you'll still get plenty of his signature bootlegs and Slapcasts, but get ready for even more amazing music from him as he transitions into original production. We got to sit down with Kap Slap before his OC show at Yost Theater to chat about the road so far. Keep reading to get to know him better and for links to download his free music...

Thomas Alexandre, Your New Best Friend

By Josephine Lien
June 11, 2014 - 1:55pm

Meet Thomas, an A-I Dining bakery supervisor whose humor and devotion to pizza cannot be matched. He splits his free time between keeping up with several TV shows and reading the latest Flash comic. Keep reading to learn more about this witty guy.     Basics Year: 3rd Major: History Hometown: Mira Loma, CA Relationship status: Single Favorite TV show: Game of Thrones, Arrow, Once Upon a Time, Teen Wolf, RuPaul’s Drag Race Hobbies: Reading comics, tennis, baking READ MORE

Study Break with Kap Slap @ Yost Theater

By Lia Gonzalez
June 9, 2014 - 5:03pm

READ MORE

Check It Out: KEROSENE QUEEN

By Daniela Dominguez
June 3, 2014 - 12:13am

The thing about Her Campus is that we want to be diverse and we want to share things that reach all types of readers. Comic books and rock music (of all different branches of rock), are a totally normal and comfortable thing for me, but for some of you it’s just a waste of money and noise. To that I add, yeah, rock n’ roll is noise. It’s angry and it’s loud. It shouts and feels no remorse or regret. It’s blunt and it always has a rebellious mission, whether it’s against society, your parents, the government, homophobia, sexism, racism, hate, and sometimes even yourself. I’ve made rock music my security blanket, my canvass, my blank page, my means of expression and my therapy, because yeah, I’m a pretty messed up person....

5 Summer Hairstyles Inspired By Gossip Girl

By Mia Garcia
June 2, 2014 - 8:13pm

Gossip Girl was not only known for its scandals and schemes, but it was also known for the great style that the ladies of the show sported when in the act.  Although the series ended its stint on the small screen nearly a year and a half ago, many of the looks were on point, especially the hairstyles that each of the characters donned. Since I’ve been binge watching the show on Netflix, Gossip Girl is my current obsession and inspiration. A lot of the hairstyles worn by the characters are perfect for the summer and these are some of the looks I’ve been dying to try that can easily be done at home. XOXO.    Blair Waldorf READ MORE