Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

UC Riverside Archives

Why Aren't We Angr(ier)y?

By Daniela Dominguez
October 30, 2014 - 1:27am

Women Oppressing Women Sexism is just about everywhere and it has put me in a very uncomfortable position, one in which I am forced to explain my motives, moods and morals. I find myself being angrier every day by very different things and people. Everything I see and encounter is sexist. Things like the media, advertisements, groups, classes, jobs and even unintentionally, my loved ones. There is however, something that angers me to the furthest possible extent: Women oppressing Women. READ MORE

New Music Alert: Los 5

By Mia Garcia
October 27, 2014 - 2:41am

This past summer I spent a lot of time working in Los Angeles and in my free time I did my best to soak in the all the culture, art and music LA had to offer. So I like to believe running into this band was no accident. The first time I stumbled upon Los 5 was in the streets of Hollywood Boulevard. But if you attended summer concerts of names such as Katy Perry, Ed Sheeran, Demi Lovato, 5 Seconds of Summer and One Direction, then chances are you may have stumbled upon their music! They played outside these large venues after the show during their “Sidewalk After Show Tour”! These “guerilla warfare” sidewalk shows, as they like to call it, was a way for them to spread the word and the love with their music....

DIY with Dariana: Easy Costumes for the Lazy Collegiette

By Dariana Chow
October 25, 2014 - 8:29pm

Hello HC Cuties! So the countdown for Halloween begins. Midterms are still on their way (jealous glare to those of you who are done with yours) and those sleepless nights and Redbulls have you completely worn out. So when your roommate invites you that last minute costume party Friday night you freak out because you have absolutely nothing to wear and there's no time (or energy) to go buy one. Don't worry for I am here to provide you with some ideas for costumes that are easy to pull off with things you probably already own. Pick your favorite and have a creeptastic night out!   Where's Waldo/Walda? Needs: READ MORE

Become an Editor!

By Raven Morris
October 25, 2014 - 6:02pm

HCUCR has new open positions! Yay!  We are looking for dedicated Section Editors for the current school year. Editor responsibilities include posting their required biweekly article, general section upkeep, editing section articles, attending weekly meetings, and providing section-specific articles when needed.   *In order to apply, you must be able to provide at least 1 published written article (with HCUCR or another public writing platform) and you must be a current UCR student.  READ MORE

For the Wicked: "Black Moon New York"

By Daniela Dominguez
October 25, 2014 - 1:45am

There are some wickedly cool people out there and one of the things that makes them wickedly cool is their creativity. Their ability to send out important messages through art. That being said, I also appreciate great art and like all my other interests, my taste tends to lean towards the darker side, because life is a little dark and the best thing to do is to embrace it. LA artists Jessicka Addams, Camille Rose Garcia, Elizabeth McGrath and Marion Peck have put together some spooky art for our favorite time of the year. The exhibit will be held in New York, but you can sample the art here and see more of it on the Sloan Art website. Exhibit starts tomorrow!...

Halloween Comic Fest

By Daniela Dominguez
October 25, 2014 - 12:34am

It is October and as usual I am in my super creepy, giddy mood and everything around me is beautiful and magical and there isn’t a thing that could put me down. Halloween Comic Fest is tomorrow, October 25th and I am headed home to pick up some comics at all my favorite local shops. I hope that you will too!   Event: Pick up free Halloween comics at your local comic shop. READ MORE

BAND Together Before Midterms

By Daniela Dominguez
October 22, 2014 - 5:12pm

We may have just started the quarter, but here at HCUCR, we think it’s not too early to start studying for midterms. Yes, we know. It’s easier said than done. A great way to cure that inevitable case of studying procrastination is BAND, the new app that makes planning and updating everything in your life way easier than it would normally be (because we all know how incredibly stressful it gets!).       Check out how BAND can help you study: READ MORE

HC Survival Kits

By Daniela Dominguez
October 20, 2014 - 11:44pm

We received some super rad stuff in the mail last week, courtesy of Her Campus, Luna Bars, Affinitas, Aeropostale, Chipotle, Garnier and Nasty Gal! And so many more. We were absolutely psyched after seeing everyone else’s HC Survival Kits and could not wait to receive ours and when we finally did we loved all the goodies. The cupcake panties from Affinitas were an absolute hit and the other products were a definite necessity for back to school. We have so much left over and cannot wait to share them with our followers that catch us tabling within the next few weeks. We hope to see you guys all out there and many thanks to Her Campus for hooking us up with all these cute Survival Kit products! READ MORE...

Calling All Green Thumbs - Plant Sale at the Botanic Gardens

By Elizabeth Duong
October 20, 2014 - 3:03am

Is your green thumb itching, well look no further! UCR’s Botanic Gardens will be having their Fall Plant Sale this weekend Oct. 25th and 26th! There will be ~ 10,000 plants that you can choose from and add to your lovely homes. Click here to check out the full list of plants available to purchase. For more information please check out the event page and make sure to like : Friends of the UCR Botanic Gardens for posts of beautiful plants and information....

Riverside Zombie Crawl 2014

By Elizabeth Duong
October 14, 2014 - 12:01am

Hello HCUCR readers, hope week one was a breeze for you all! It is that time of the year again, where your inner zombie or survivalist can come to life! Riverside Downtown Partnership will be hosting their 4th annual Zombie Crawl this Saturday, October 18th from 2pm - 6pm. So if you and your friends don’t have any plans this weekend, stop by and explore all the fun activities. For more information and past event photos please check out the Riverside Zombie Crawl FB.   READ MORE