Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

UC Riverside Archives

Open Positions at Her Campus UCR

By Raven Morris
September 10, 2014 - 1:27pm

It’s about that time again! Fall quarter is quickly approaching and Her Campus UCR is looking for excited collegiates to join the team. Whether you’re an existing member or a new recruit, check out the open positions available and apply! Campus Cutie Writers This position is looking for writers to take over our Campus Cutie section! The Campus Cutie Writers will be in charge of writing and uploading Campus Cutie articles on a biweekly basis. These are questionnaire styled articles on a student subject of your choosing (a nomination process is also available). If interested or have questions, please submit a writing sample to danieladominguez@hercampus.com...

End of Summer Reading List

By Raven Morris
August 31, 2014 - 6:04pm

Goodbye August, Hello September! It’s just about time to head back to campus, but I’m stretching the summer as far and wide as I possibly can.  Although September won’t stop lazy afternoon naps and countless trips to Yogurtland, its fast approach is proof that the end of beloved summer is slowly creeping up on us. And what’s the one thing you swore up and down you’d get done this summer (among many others)? Reading!  You know, with books! READ MORE

Why We Love Her: Meghan Markle

By Raven Morris
August 4, 2014 - 1:31am

I can't be the only one obsessed with this girl. Meghan Markle is my new bestfriend in my head, and here's why: 1. She Plays Rachel Zane on Suits. Suits!!! Aaaahhh! You're missing out on life if you're not watching Suits! 2. She’s a Huge Foodie READ MORE

Yay or Nay: Birkenstock

By Elizabeth Duong
July 28, 2014 - 9:12pm

Birkenstock, go-to sandals for dads or the next trend crazy? YOU be the judge! I will have to admit, I have joined the bandwagon or at least the Tumblr bandwagon  and got myself an alternative sandal that has been inspired by the original Birkenstock Arizona sandals.   These sandals originated from Germany and were invented by Konrad Birkenstock. Birkenstock pride themselves  with their hand-crafted sandals which bring comfort to their costumers. Their goal is also to be eco-friendly with their products and production processes.  READ MORE

Yay or Nay: Sporty

By Elizabeth Duong
July 28, 2014 - 8:42pm

Sport inspired clothing and sneakers are no rookies to the fashion world. Sportswear has been trending for the past few years and have been on countless runways. The trend is ever-evolving by the inspiring minds of Gucci, Tommy Hilfiger, and Marc Jacobs to just name a few. Some of the runway looks are not commerical, everyday wear however they do embody and pull some inspiration from athletic wear. I tend to be drawn more to wearable, everyday looks that you can possibly see on Tumblr, Youtube, or Lookbook. I personally think the "sporty looks" are comfortable and effortlessly cool. Here are a few options on  how to approach this sporty fashion trend:
Look 1...

7 1990's Films You've Probably Never Seen

By Raven Morris
July 18, 2014 - 4:10pm

I’m a film fanatic who loves a good 1990’s flick. There’s something about the grainy resolution and prevalence of mom jeans that makes me giddy. Being born in the 1990’s made me a keen expert on every kid’s movie ever made during the era. (Arguably the best era for children’s programing, but we’ll save this debate for a lengthy Tumblr post) Although I can still recite whole scenes from It Takes Two, I missed out on the film work made for adult audiences.   Best line of the whole film.  READ MORE

Check It Out: Pentimento

By Daniela Dominguez
June 30, 2014 - 3:31pm

I first came across Pentimento when I went to see Reggie and The Full Effect on a Friday night in Santa Ana. It was earlier this year and I was in no way prepared for Pentimento, I wasn’t even fully aware of who they were. I just knew that they were opening for Reggie and that they were “really frieken good” according to my concert bestie Jess, who had seen them perform the night before in LA. READ MORE

Sew Cute, Sew What! Customade Products

By Lia Gonzalez
June 24, 2014 - 2:30am

Meet Katie Cornejo, a 21 year old full time student at CSU Fullerton majoring in Business with an emphasis in Entrepreneurship. She is also the Fundraising Chair member of the Entrepreneur Society at CSUF and has already taken her first few steps towards one day being her own boss full time. Katie has always been quite crafty and with her savvy salesperson mindset, she decided to turn her talents into a small business all her own. READ MORE

The Not-So Obvious But Way More Awesome Summer Bucket List

By Raven Morris
June 22, 2014 - 2:17pm

It’s finally summertime, and the living is definitely easy. If you’re not jam packed with summer session classes or a part-time job, then you know the never ending struggle of figuring out what to do over break. I’ve been on summer vacation for less than a week and already I have sunken into the inevitable phase of sheer and utter boredom.  Me too Jim, me too.  READ MORE

Check It Out: Monster & Madman

By Daniela Dominguez
June 19, 2014 - 5:49pm

When comic books were a new and unknown territory for me, I stuck to the generic comics. I read things about good looking superheroes that battled weird and socially frowned upon villains. You typically know right from wrong and good from evil in those types of stories. And usually you know how the story will end, the good will prevail over evil and evil will squirm its way back into the city. It’s a seemingly perpetual story line until one unfortunate day when the hero finally dies or decides to respectfully retire. As I got older and inevitably more mature (more experienced in the comic book reading world) I started to find myself bored with these comics. The world is not all black and white and as the saying usually goes, there are many shades of grey....