Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

UC Riverside Archives

HC Survival Kits

By Daniela Dominguez
October 20, 2014 - 11:44pm

We received some super rad stuff in the mail last week, courtesy of Her Campus, Luna Bars, Affinitas, Aeropostale, Chipotle, Garnier and Nasty Gal! And so many more. We were absolutely psyched after seeing everyone else’s HC Survival Kits and could not wait to receive ours and when we finally did we loved all the goodies. The cupcake panties from Affinitas were an absolute hit and the other products were a definite necessity for back to school. We have so much left over and cannot wait to share them with our followers that catch us tabling within the next few weeks. We hope to see you guys all out there and many thanks to Her Campus for hooking us up with all these cute Survival Kit products! READ MORE...

Calling All Green Thumbs - Plant Sale at the Botanic Gardens

By Elizabeth Duong
October 20, 2014 - 3:03am

Is your green thumb itching, well look no further! UCR’s Botanic Gardens will be having their Fall Plant Sale this weekend Oct. 25th and 26th! There will be ~ 10,000 plants that you can choose from and add to your lovely homes. Click here to check out the full list of plants available to purchase. For more information please check out the event page and make sure to like : Friends of the UCR Botanic Gardens for posts of beautiful plants and information....

Riverside Zombie Crawl 2014

By Elizabeth Duong
October 14, 2014 - 12:01am

Hello HCUCR readers, hope week one was a breeze for you all! It is that time of the year again, where your inner zombie or survivalist can come to life! Riverside Downtown Partnership will be hosting their 4th annual Zombie Crawl this Saturday, October 18th from 2pm - 6pm. So if you and your friends don’t have any plans this weekend, stop by and explore all the fun activities. For more information and past event photos please check out the Riverside Zombie Crawl FB.   READ MORE

Ivan Herrera: President Positivity

By Mia Garcia
October 13, 2014 - 1:59am

This week’s Campus Celebrity is Ivan Herrera, President of UCR’s Future Business Leaders of America – Phi Beta Lambda. Herrera is currently a 4th year Political Science major and as he gears up for the year ahead of him, he took a second to discuss his involvements on campus as well as what motivates him during his busy schedule.   You came to school last year as a transfer looking for opportunity to get involved with the school and stumbled upon PBL. What does it represent? READ MORE

DIY with Dariana: Spookify your room this Halloween

By Dariana Chow
October 11, 2014 - 11:16pm

Hello, HC Cuties! It’s been a while since we last met. Apparently four months was not enough of a vacation because most of us are already counting down the days till the holiday break (or is that just me?) Even though the school year has just begun, the holidays are already upon us. The closest one we have is Halloween, which even though it doesn’t give us the day off, is still pretty awesome. But as 18-20something year olds, some of us might feel a little too old to be tricking or treating. Around that time there will most likely be those random costume-frat ragers but for those of us who aren’t really into the party scene what else is left? READ MORE

5 Tips For My Freshman-Self

By Elizabeth Duong
October 7, 2014 - 10:52am

Hello HCUCR readers, welcome back. I hope you all had a well-rested summer and are ready to conquer this academic year! As I am entering my last quarter of my undergraduate college career, I remember being such a naive freshman who had no clue what challenges college had in store. So here are a few tips I wished I knew as a newbie, hopefully they will help those of you who are starting their first year here at UCR. READ MORE

The Organizational App Every Collegiette Needs

By Daniela Dominguez
September 25, 2014 - 2:31pm

I’ve recently found myself overwhelmingly busy and out of time—welcome back to college, right? I’ve recently gained a lot of responsibilities and that require a lot of planning and talking, messaging and checking up on different social networks to get in contact with everyone. Needless to say that it’s difficult and time consuming, and it’s something lots of us collegiettes deal with. We all need something that can keep us organized and connect us with the important people in our lives. READ MORE

By Daniela Dominguez
September 24, 2014 - 12:00am

I’ve recently found myself overwhelmingly busy and out of time—welcome back to college, right? I’ve recently gained a lot of responsibilities and that require a lot of planning and talking, messaging and checking up on different social networks to get in contact with everyone. Needless to say that it’s difficult and time consuming, and it’s something lots of us collegiettes deal with. We all need something that can keep us organized and connect us with the important people in our lives.  READ MORE

Open Positions at Her Campus UCR

By Raven Morris
September 10, 2014 - 1:27pm

It’s about that time again! Fall quarter is quickly approaching and Her Campus UCR is looking for excited collegiates to join the team. Whether you’re an existing member or a new recruit, check out the open positions available and apply! Campus Cutie Writers This position is looking for writers to take over our Campus Cutie section! The Campus Cutie Writers will be in charge of writing and uploading Campus Cutie articles on a biweekly basis. These are questionnaire styled articles on a student subject of your choosing (a nomination process is also available). If interested or have questions, please submit a writing sample to danieladominguez@hercampus.com...

End of Summer Reading List

By Raven Morris
August 31, 2014 - 6:04pm

Goodbye August, Hello September! It’s just about time to head back to campus, but I’m stretching the summer as far and wide as I possibly can.  Although September won’t stop lazy afternoon naps and countless trips to Yogurtland, its fast approach is proof that the end of beloved summer is slowly creeping up on us. And what’s the one thing you swore up and down you’d get done this summer (among many others)? Reading!  You know, with books! READ MORE