5 Reasons to Cut Your Hair Short!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Riverside chapter.

Let’s be honest, one of the reason you don’t want to cut your hair short is because it’s been a security blanket of yours for the past few months or even years. This is totally understandable, but it’s time for a fresh, new start. Remember, hair grows! So take a deep breath and consider the reasons below on why you should cut your hair short.

1. Imagine a new and SHORTER routine in getting ready each morning. Having short hair is very low maintenance. Your showers will be cut in half, which is great for the environment and of course you will be saving up on hair products!

2. Short hair has so much sass and attitude to it! A new hair cut can totally change your life or at least the way you perceive it. You just need to find the perfect short hairdo for your personal preference and rock those short locks!

3. Give your hair new life! The best solution in getting rid of damage hair and split ends is to just cut it off. The trim will allow your healthy hair to shine through and you will be happy to say so long unwanted split ends!

4. If you took good care of your hair and it isn’t heat damaged or dyed then you should give those locks to a good cause! Locks of Love is a great organization to donate your hair to. They use the hair to craft wigs for children who suffer from any long term medical hair loss due to any diagnosis.

5. Give your head and neck a break! I don’t know about you, but when I wear a bun – my neck aches by the end of the day! It’s like a balancing act, carrying dumbbells on your head all day. You should definitely cut your hair and enjoy the light, airy feel of a shorter hairstyle. 

Here are a few celebs who are rocking shorter locks:

Lily Collins with shoulder length hair.

Rihanna with her pixie cut.

Karlie Kloss with a short bob. 

All these lovely ladies are definitely looking fab in these shorter hairstyles. So why not try a new cut, you have many options from shoulder length, short bobs, to pixie cuts. Leave a comment below letting us know which cut you might consider getting! 

Elizabeth Duong

UC Riverside

Hello! I am Elizabeth, a senior Neuroscience major at UC Riverside. A few things I fancy: photography, fashion, and thrift stores. Find me on other social medias: http://postcardsfromliz.blogspot.com/ and on YouTube: user - postcardsfromliz. 
UC Riverside

UC Riverside