3 Outfits for FUSE: Heat Music Festival Launch Party 2014

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Riverside chapter.

Block Party was pretty amazing so it’s only natural to be excited for Heat.  Be one of the first to find out the line up for the much awaited Heat Musical Festival on Wednesday, January 29.  From 6 to 9 PM, get your dance party pants on to enjoy some music, dancing, and giveaways.  There will also be a competition in which five DJ’s will be competing for a $300 Performance contract for a prime DJ set at Heat and the title of UCR’s Best DJ of 2014.

Now, let’s address the elephant in the room.  What should you wear? I’ve thought of three possible outfits as inspiration.

This outfit is for those “too cool for school” girls.  The denim jacket (can be found here) is the perfect layering piece because it lets you wear knit sweaters without looking chunky.  This pairing allows for the perfect amount of warmth while the skirt can keep you from overheating.  Can you guess the show stopper in this outfit? The creepers may be a little intimidating at first but they’re actually the perfect shoes for events.  The added height can keep you from being a victim to short girl problems (…again).

This outfit is for those girls who are concert veterans.  This green utility jacket (can be found here) is not only fashionable but also functional.  The crop top (can be found here) is the perfect match for these high-waisted denim cutoffs.  The cut-outs on these black combat boots allow you to show off your cute socks in a new way!

If you’re one of those girls who hasn’t gotten into that whole “grunge/90s” thing, then this outfit might be for you.  Pair your trusty high-waisted pants with some classic pieces such as a brown coat (can be found here) and a long-sleeve striped mesh top (can be found here) for a casual but clean look.  Black ankle booties are a great way to get some extra height (short girl problems are seriously the worst) and accessorize to your liking!

Thanks for reading! As a treat, I present to you 30% off your next purchase at Caffeinated Flowers if you use the discount code ‘H3RCAMPUSUCR’ when you check out.  Happy dancing ladies!

Jessica Diesta

UC Riverside

I love yoga, yummy food, and ginger cats. I also run an online store for curated vintage with my best friend (http://caffeinatedflowers.storenvy.com/)
UC Riverside

UC Riverside