Tworld: A New App Bringing Two Worlds Together

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Irvine chapter.

“Do you ever wonder if someone somewhere else is doing or feeling the same thing at that very same moment?” Tworld is a new kind of social networking app that is not about gaining the most likes or showing off to your friends. It does, however, allow you to connect with a total stranger, someone you will never get to know, but might have something in common with.

The app works by first selecting a hashtag. From there you snap an original picture, one you cannot edit with filters or pull out from your album. The photo then gets paired with another Tworld user’s photo. The purpose of not being able to edit photos is to show only the real and unpolished moments in our lives, according to the creators. Thus, in that exact second, both of you have shared a similar moment. You have both selected the same hashtag and have taken a photo of something related to it, relatively around the same time (give or take two seconds).

The idea is that you get to share a special, boring, sad, happy, or #*@%+! moment with another stranger, and connect with them in a totally new and unique way. After these photos are brought together, Tworld combines them into one photo, and if you want, you can save it directly onto your phone.

Here’s what the app looks like:

It is incredibly simple and great for passing time, especially when you’ve exhausted all of your other social media apps. Be the first of your friends to play around with this cool new app, and just have fun with it!

Priscilla is currently studying English and Literary Journalism with an Emphasis on Creative Writing. She has been writing for Her Campus since 2014 and is now one of the two leading editors of her chapter. Besides writing, she enjoys archery, learning Dutch, trying out new foods, and hiking. After graduating, she plans to publish a book series for young adults.
...