Top 10 Things to Do in Thailand

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Irvine chapter.

This winter break I had the opportunity of traveling to Thailand!  I explored five of its major cities over the course of two weeks. With no prior knowledge of Thai culture, food, or way of living, it’s safe to say that I learned a lot on this adventure of a lifetime. Here is my list of the top 10 things to do in Thailand.

1. Khao San Road

In the heart of Bangkok, you will find Khao San Road, the street that never sleeps. Make sure to check out this night market bazaar for delicious food such as pad thai, inexpensive clothing, and other small tokens you may want to buy for your friends back home.

2. Floating Market

The floating marketing is an iconic Thai experience consisting of a colorful tour via boat while you purchase tons of fruit and food.

3. Grand Palace

The Grand Palace is located in Bangkok, and it is truly breathtaking. Be sure to check it out and gain a cultural view on the Thai and Buddhist culture. You are also almost guaranteed to see monks while you are there.

4. Play with Elephants

If you visit Chiang Mai and get bored of touring the bountiful temples they have to offer, be sure to book an excursion to visit an elephant sanctuary. Here you will have the opportunity of spending an entire day playing, feeding, and bathing elephants.

5. White Buddha

The iconic White Buddha is located on a hill in the city of Pai. This is a must see to fully grasp the spirituality of the Thai culture.

6. Pai Canyon for Sunset

While you are on this breath-taking journey up the mountain, be sure to check out Pai Canyon sunset. It is said to be one of the most beautiful viewpoints for sunrise and sunset in all of Thailand.

7. Cave Tour

As you wrap up your stay in Northern Thailand, don’t forgot to pay a visit to one of the many caves in Pai. Here you will find caves that are hundreds of years old and that have been preserved quite nicely.

8. Island Tour and Snorkeling

If you head down to Southern Thailand, check out Krabi Town and take a five island tour of all the neighboring islands. Your tour will also most likely feature a snorkeling excursion full of amazing coral reef life.

(PC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94BeRgAmfvk)

9. Full Moon Party

A memorable way of ending your trip in Thailand is by attending one of their famous Full Moon Parties. These are held in many islands in Thailand, the most famous of them being in Khoa. 

10. Phanang and Ko Phi Phi.

There are tons of other experiences to try out in Thailand, but these are just a few of my favorites. So what are you waiting for? Plan your trip and pack your bags for an adventure of a lifetime!

Traveling, fashion, adventure!
Crystel Maalouf

UC Irvine '18

.