This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Irvine chapter.

Name: Thomas Doan

Major: Psychology and Social Behavior/Business Economics

Hometown: Rowland Heights

Favorite Film: Crazy Stupid Love

Relationship Status: Single. But I have crush in ASUCI whose name rhymes with “body.”

Campus Involvements: ASUCI and Kababayan

Current song on repeat: “How to Love”- Lil Wayne

Ideal date: A night date. We’d make dinner beforehand, pack it up, go to Turtle Rock, and climb up. I’d have a blanket and we could look at the city and talk about each other. One reason I chose that date is because on the way up, hopefully she’d stumble and I would catch her and get to hold her hand. 

What do you find attractive in a girl? A quirky attitude? One that’s not afraid to speak her mind. Also, obviously someone nice haha. 

Proudest accomplishment at UCI so far? Making the friends I’ve made. Through my friends, I’ve made a home that I feel comfortable with. Before, I was struggling to be comfortable at UCI and after I found my friends, I became really close to them and felt at home with myself and thus, with UCI. 

Most embarrassing moment? Finals week during my freshman year, I was going to study at Gateway with friends and I assumed the door had to be pushed so I did and I hit my head against the door. 

Boxer briefs or boxers? Boxer briefs. It’s the perfect balance of comfort and grip. Not too loose, not too tight. 

What keeps you grounded? I think my friends keep me grounded. No matter how high or low I set my expectations, my friends set me in line. They’ll give me a realistic point of view compared to an idealistic or negative point of view

What has been a pro and a con about campaigning for Student Services Vice President?

Getting rejected from students while flyering is the worst because I feel so passionate about ASUCI but it’s kind of sad just to get rejected. 

The best part about campaigning is seeing how much I’ve grown in the short process. I’ve grown to be more confident and a better speaker. That was one of the qualities I lacked and wanted to work on. 

What are you most passionate about? 

ASUCI. I’m really passionate about ASUCI because I know how much of a resource it can be to clubs; and the idea of clubs makes me love UCI because I found a home after joining a club. ASUCI has a huge impact on freshmen and all the other students, so it has a pretty big impact on the clubs that make up UCI. 

What do you see yourself doing in 5 years? 

Hopefully I have a job doing what I love. I don’t know what I’d love to do yet. I’m exploring everything I can like traveling abroad, having random fun jobs, and just having fun with life. Basically, I hope to explore who I am and what I love. 

Lauren Umaguing is a 2nd Year student at University of California, Irvine majoring in Film and Media and working on a double major in Literary Journalism. She is currently the Social Media Director of the UCI HerCampus team and hopes to work in the entertainment business or write for a magazine in New York.
...