alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Ten Fun Indoor Activities For A Rainy Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Irvine chapter.

It hardly ever rains in California, but when it does, here are ten fun, indoor activities to avoid the wet weather.

1. Watch a movie at home.

Cuddle up on the couch and watch your favorite movie, or if you want, try one you have never seen!

1. Make a delicious popcorn snack.

This can go right along with the movie or without.  Popcorn is a delicious snack for a rainy day!  Trader Joe’s has delicious herbs and spices pre-popped popcorn that is great for any occasion.

1. Listen to your favorite playlists.

Listen to your favorite music quietly with a delicious mug of your favorite hot drink or blast it out loud and have a dance party in your bedroom!

1. Bring out some board games and play with your roommates.

Traditional or not, there is nothing like a good board game to help you pass the time during a rainstorm.

1. Read a book.

When the rain comes falling, it is always a good idea to pull out a new book you have been wanting to read.  Cuddle up with a blanket and open to Chapter One!

1. If you have homework to do, make yourself a delicious snack.

Rain or shine, school is always a priority, so if you do not have time to do something recreational, then why not accompany your homework with a delicious, homemade snack!  Hint: brownies and cookies are always a good idea.

1. Make yourself a warm dinner.

Soup is one dinner that will keep you warm and toasty throughout the chilly night.  Add a delicious piece of garlic bread and you are ready to go!

1. Take a nice, warm shower.

Cleanse your body after a cold, wet day out and about.  You will feel refreshed and ready for a good night’s sleep.

1. Make yourself a warm cup of hot cocoa.

Be generous with the mug size, and also, there is nothing wrong with adding a (decently-sized) swirl of whipped cream to top it off.  Drink up!

1. Snuggle up with someone you love.

Whether it be a group of close friends, a significant other, or family, cuddle up under a blanket and enjoy the warmth of each other’s company.

Arts major at the University of California, Irvine  
Crystel Maalouf

UC Irvine '18

.