Natalia Cabrera: Spreading Kindness and Positivity

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Irvine chapter.

1. Tell me about yourself, and your road to UCI?

“My name is Natalia Cabrera and I am from Los Angeles, CA. Being a first generation college student, my journey to UCI wasn’t easy. But with the love and support of my family and friends, I was always motivated to pursue a college education. I am so proud to call myself an anteater because UCI is such a diverse campus with so many opportunities for college students like me.”

2. What is major, and why did you decide to pursue it?

“I am majoring in biology/education and I hope to become a high school biology teacher. I fell in love with biology when I decided to take AP Bio during my senior year of high school. I also have a passion for learning new things and for helping others. I feel that pursuing a career in education provides the perfect intersection to practice all of my passions. My plan is to give back to my community and motivate young high school students to follow their dreams despite any obstacles that might come their way.”

3. I know you are involved in a few organizations on campus, tell me a little more about that? 

” I was honored when you asked if you could do a profile on me because I’m so used to being on the other side of this situation, as a writer for Her Campus! I enjoy writing for such an amazing platform that promotes the empowerment of college women. I am also part of another empowering organization on campus, Women In Leadership. This organization hosts several workshops and events throughout the year that provide it’s members with opportunities to enhance their leadership skills and make connections with other amazing women. One of my favorite workshops was hosted by Courtney Kent on the secret to self confidence.” (You can read a profile I wrote on her here!)

Fun questions:

1. Would you rather see the world in numbers or words?

I think I would rather see the world in words. Not only because I’m not very good at math (haha), but because words can be more powerful than we think.

2. If you could see an event past present or future what would it be?

I would love to see Beyonce’s 2013 Super Bowl Halftime performance live. She’s just amazing!

3. What would the name of your autobiography be?

Still Figuring It All Out

Crystel Maalouf

UC Irvine '18

.