This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Irvine chapter.

​New York City is known for their incredible, uncomparable food. There is even an instagram page (NewForkCity) dedicated to all the yummy food New York has to offer. After a recent trip to my favorite city, I’ve decided to put together a list of places to eat everyone must experience.

DISCLAIMER: This list mostly consists of pizza and desserts but honestly, what’s better than that?

First up….

Artichoke Basille’s Pizza:

Artichoke pizza is the creamiest and thickest pizza I’ve ever had. Not only is the pizza AMAZING but the location is as well. Located in Greenwich Village, it’s the perfect place to grab a casual quick bite and then venture out bar hopping. Or if you’re not into that sort of thing, people just hang outside of stores, restaurants, and bars. (We literally drove straight there after we landed at the airport. Dedication.)

Magnolia Bakery:

There is ALWAYS a line out the door of people awaiting for their treat of choice. The chocolate banana pudding is to die for. So smooth and flavorful. My favorite location is the one in Rockefeller Center which is a fun one because there is so much going on around you. You can just grab your pudding cup and take a walk.

Levain Bakery:

O M G! Levain!!!!! This spot is such a good one. Be warned, you’re going to have to wait in what seems like an eternal line. Average wait time=40 minutes. But let me tell you, it is so worth it. (People even wait while it’s snowing, it’s that good.) Your mouth waters just looking at the photos. Plus, Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds go there all the time so that should sell it on its own.

Quality Italian:

The ultimate steakhouse. The number one item is the Chicken Parm. Looks like a pizza, but it’s not! Be prepared to come with a fat wallet.

The City Bakery:

Perfect for a rainy or snowy day. Must get the hot chocolate. They have a super cute ambiance inside and watching them make their famous hot cocoa is so fun. The marshmallow is HUGE and the hot chocolate is pure chocolate mixed with some heavy cream. It’s super rich so it’s hard to drink it all, but oh so good.

Prince Street Pizza:

Crispiest pepperoni’s I’ve ever had. It’s a super small place, and there is normally a wait, but once you get that square of pizza, you forget the struggle to get it. So hot and so flavorful.

Grom Gelato:

This gelato is so good we didn’t even care that it was snowing. It’s so creamy and smooth. The homemade whip cream though…

The Bagel Store:

Located in Brooklyn but the short subway ride is worth it. Their bagels are beautifully hand rolled. Add the funfetti cream cheese instead of plain. Perfect for people who love sweet things. It’s also really pretty to just look at.

Rubirosa:

Ahh. Rubirosa. It’s in a great area (SoHo), and the people who work there are extremly friendly. Definitely order what we did. Half fresca, half vodka. Best pizza you will ever have. Trust me.

Now hop onto the next flight to New York and EAT! Cheers.