This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Irvine chapter.

One thing I’ve heard many UCI students talk about is Disneyland, and having a pass can be such a great thing to have for at least one of your years on campus! You can afford to go to Disney for as low as $20.17 a month! Of course you have to put a down payment of $97 when you go. As students at UC Irvine or of surrounding areas, one of the things that we are close to is Disneyland. When I decided to attend UCI three years ago, I decided to get an Annual Pass because it was close by and I could see myself enjoying Disney a couple times a year.

With any annual pass you can go back and forth from Disneyland and California Adventure in the same day. Let’s talk pass types and crunch some numbers. I have the Signature Pass, which is the fourth type of pass out of five. The current passes available and their prices are:

1. Southern California Select- $339

2. Southern California -$469

3. Deluxe-$619

4. Signature-$849

5. Signature Plus-$1,049

As Southern California residents, (you can use your school address too) there is an option for a monthly payment program. With a down payment of $97 which is about the same price as a one day ticket, your pass can be as low as $20.17 a month, which is if you get the Southern California Select. One thing, if you purchase your pass at Disneyland, you have an option of putting more money down, further reducing the amount you pay monthly.

Breakdown with Payment Plan:

1. So-Cal Select: $20.17 a month after a down payment of $97

2. So Cal: $31 a month after a down payment of $97

3. Deluxe: $43.50 a month after a down payment of $97

4. Signature: $62.67 a month after a down payment of $97

5. Signature Plus: $79.34 a month after a down payment of $97

There are many ways to have a social life and it’s easy to make memories at Disneyland! One way is to meet up with new people, ask around in your hall/dorm and branch out, ask club members and coworkers, and enjoy seeing new things every time you go. Disneyland is constantly adding new attractions, characters, and foods, so take the time and explore each land and discover new things and secret menus. I encourage you to check out the Disneyland Annual Passport website and research further into the investment of an annual pass so you can go make memories at the Happiest Place on Earth!