This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Irvine chapter.

Cuck Fancer, founded by Ben Teller is a non-profit organization that supports young adults battling cancer. Teller, a UCI Alum & cancer survivor, started this organization after he was diagnosed with Hodgkin’s Lymphoma and realized that there was a lack of resources for young adults affected by cancer. He created the organization to raise money, awareness and resources for young adults facing the same difficult situation.

Throughout April 9th -13th,, the gentlemen of Alpha Epsilon Pi in collaboration with Pi Kappa Alpha (for the 3rd year in a row) hosted a week long philanthropic event (open to everyone at UCI) in an effort to raise funds and spread awareness for young adults dealing with cancer. Several members of both fraternities went above and beyond by pledging to shave their heads on top of raising money for Cuck Fancer.

One student Brandon Szeto told me why he pledged to shave his head, “Cuck Fancer is a way to show my support for those affected by cancer and to commemorate my dad who lost his battle against pancreatic cancer. The love and support from this philanthropy showed me I wasn’t alone in taking a stand against cancer and that there are many people behind the journey to finding a cure for this devastating disease.”

Brandon Szeto

Brandon with other students who pledged to save their heads to spread awareness.

Matthew Andrade, a 3rd year Criminology major, also participated in the weeklong by shaving his head as well as fundraising. He told me that he wanted to raise awareness for the cause, while also honoring his dad who is a cancer survivor. Cancer affects everyone in some way so it’s important to raise awareness and show your support for those who need it.

Matthew Andrade

It was heartwarming to see how members of the Greek community rally year after year for such an important cause. Not only does Cuck Fancer continue to spread awareness here at UCI, but it has also expanded to other campuses such as UC Davis, UC Berkeley, UC San Diego, UC Riverside, and Cal Poly. I asked Ben Teller what it mean to him that Cuck Fancer was still going strong here at UCI long after his time as a student here:

“Cuck Fancer would not be where it is today without the support from my alma mater, UCI. UCI has given me the support and resources I need to take Cuck Fancer to colleges across the country. Knowing that young adults affected by cancer have a resource on a college campus, is something that I will always be grateful for.”- Ben Teller, CEO of Cuck Fancer

This organization has raised thousands of dollars to those in need and this year alone UCI raised 10k and registered 125 students into the bone marrow registry. Cuck Fancer is truly making a difference in the lives of many impacted by cancer. Regardless of your preconceived notions of Greek life, the amount of money and awareness these guys are spreading is amazing and deserves the recognition. You don’t have to be a part of the Greek community to participate in Cuck Fancer. Next year when AEPi booths for Cuck Fancer in the spring, be sure to stop by, get informed, and make a difference in the lives of others.

To Learn More About Cuck Fancer Visit: https://www.facebook.com/cuckfancer/ or http://cuckfancer.org

Special thanks to Ben Teller, Brandon Szeto, and Matthew Andrade for taking time out of their day to talk to me.

When I'm not writing articles, I enjoy working out, meditating, listening to podcasts, traveling and surrounding myself with people who bring me joy.
Crystel Maalouf

UC Irvine '18

.