Coming Soon to Irvine: Two of Your Favorite Dessert Places

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Irvine chapter.

With Irvine starting to look like the next 626 of San Gabriel Valley, it will soon be the next most hip, Asian, food-filled area. Thanks to our Westminster neighbors, we are coming close to beating out the 626 in terms of luxury Asian food hangouts. We already have plenty of high-end bubble tea, grass jelly, shaved ice, mochi, and ice cream. Now, we are doubling that amount of sweets and upgrading with some of the OC’s most popular dessert houses.

After’s Ice Cream

That’s right, there is a new ice cream shop opening in Irvine and they are going to have all your favorite milky bun donuts. You no longer need to drive out to Fountain Valley, Tustin, Newport, or Long Beach. Irvine will be their fifth store, and it will be located in Diamond Jamboree. That plaza is about to get even more packed, so just beware of the parking chaos!

Tebo Tebo Tea Lounge

Irvine really can’t get enough of boba (bubble tea). That’s why there’s going to be a Tebo Tebo Tea Lounge opening in Heritage Plaza, right across Boiling Point. It will be the perfect way to cool down after your hot, boiling soup. Look forward to it because I hear they have tons of desserts, fizzy fruit drinks and smoothies, and popcorn chicken!

Priscilla is currently studying English and Literary Journalism with an Emphasis on Creative Writing. She has been writing for Her Campus since 2014 and is now one of the two leading editors of her chapter. Besides writing, she enjoys archery, learning Dutch, trying out new foods, and hiking. After graduating, she plans to publish a book series for young adults.
...