5 Things to Do This Holiday Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Irvine chapter.

1. Attend a Tree Lighting Ceremony

It is always fun to see the various decorations that are up during the holidays. A unique tradition that can be enjoyed by all is a tree lighting ceremony. Many shopping malls and cities host tree lighting ceremonies to kick off the holiday season. It is a great event to spend time with friends and family, while enjoying the start of the festivities.

2. Enjoy a Night of Holiday Movies

Spending some time at home with family is part of the holiday season! Schedule a night out of everyone’s busy schedule and watch a holiday movie or two. The Hallmark Channel has some great movies for the holiday season that can be enjoyed by every member of the family. Getting to enjoy some time with your family watching movies creates memories for the future!

3. Bake Holiday Treats

A day of baking holiday treats is the perfect way to spend time catching up with friends from back home! Take a day to bake your favorite holiday sweets, and invite your friends to help. It is the perfect way to reconnect and spend quality time with your friends. After baking holiday treats, you can enjoy eating them with your friends! 

4. Take a Day Trip to the Snow

If you are in the mood to go on adventure, pack your bags and take a trip to the snow. Spend a day in the snow with family and friends. A day in the snow is a change of scenery for the people in Southern California. Getting to spend some time in the snow and enjoying a change of scenery is a great way to spend the day. 

5. Volunteer Your Time

Although volunteering your time is a great thing to do all year around, it is extra special to volunteer during the holidays after all it is the season of giving. Taking some time out of the busy holiday season to volunteer at a soup kitchen or at animal shelter is a great way to lend a helping hand and meet new people along the way! 

Crystel Maalouf

UC Irvine '18

.