This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

Name: Brad Thomas Hightower
Age: 22
Year: Senior
Major: Biomedical Engineering
Hometown: Poway, CA (near San Diego)
Relationship Status: No comment

What did you do for your 21st birthday?
I woke up and had a glass of scotch with my girlfriend in the shower, and then went to The Grad when it opened and had my first drink there. Then I came back to the house and while I was gone my mother had contacted my brothers to throw a surprise party and they sang to me. My mom made this huge embarrassing banner for me with baby pictures on it. Then, at lunch time, we walked downtown and went to all the bars for the free 21st birthday drink. We started walking home at 3 and apparently my buddy took his pants off and so I started to too but my girlfriend was trying to stop me so we were fighting over my belt. Then she walked away and I took my pants off and we just stood there in our boxers. While I was gone my other buddy had filled my room with balloons and they silly-stringed me when I walked into my room. Then I passed out and woke up and went back to the bars. My birthday’s the day before Halloween so everyone was dressed up, but it was my birthday so I didn’t have to.

Hobbies outside of academics:
I like to go to the gym and the pool. I like just hanging out at my fraternity house, and I like movies and music.

What kind of music do you listen to?
I hate the answer, just because it’s everything, but it really is everything. In high school I listened to a lot of heavy metal but then I also listened to a lot of rap. Now I listen to a lot of country but also a lot of electronic music. I’ve always got a lot of alternative stuff and 80’s music.

What was one of your favorite experiences as president of Sigma Chi?
In fraternities there’s a ritual going along with initiation and the president heads that up, so that was really cool in itself. But then my brother’s a freshman and I got to give my brother his badge so that was really cool and so that was probably my favorite part.

Describe an ideal first date:
I like Yoloberry because it’s quick, so it’s a good meet and it’s not awkward and there’s not a lot of pressure. Most of my first dates happen at Yoloberry. Outdoor stuff is cool, and girls that are confident enough to be sweaty around you the first time you hang out.

Do you have any plans after graduation?
Getting a job. I don’t have anything definite yet but I’m going through applications and resumes and stuff right now. I’d like to stay in California, preferably close to here or close to home around San Diego.

What kind of job are you looking for?
Something in the medical device industry, not really particular on whether its on the sales side or the engineering side, but something to do with medicine. I started off wanting to do pre-med but I’m not really interested in 7 years of medical school at this point.

What is an idea that keeps you inspired?
Always be striving to improve yourself. If you’re good, be great. If you’re great, be the best. And no matter what work you’ve already put in, you can always put in more. It’s good to celebrate your achievements, but you can’t just use what you’ve done to not do more.

A QUICKIE (survey) with the Campus Cutie

Nickname: Hightower

Height: 6’5”

Guilty pleasure: Taking my shirt off

Celebrity Crush: Jennifer Lopez

Currently listening to: Luke Bryan

Favorite place to eat in Davis: Mariachi

Favorite quote: “Stick, gloves, shirt.” (from The Mighty Ducks)

If you could have dinner with anyone in the world: Theodore Roosevelt

First quality you see in a girl: Smile

And last but not least, boxers or briefs? Boxer-briefs 

Jessica is currently studying Graphic Design and Psychology at UC Davis. She hopes to one day move to New York and work for a fashion or fitness magazine. When she is not dreaming about her life in New York, she is either running, watching shows on hulu, socializing or baking cupcakes. She loves anything that will make her laugh, sunny days  and everything purple!