Top Deals on Black Friday

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Berkeley chapter.

HC Berkeley has put together a list of top stores with incredible Black Friday deals that you will not want to miss. Check them out below! 

1. Express

Need to revamp your wardrobe?  Or need to grab a few sweaters and tops for your friends and family? Express Black Friday deals are straight forward and give 40% off of everything until 12 pm.  After 12 pm, the discount goes down to 30 % on all items. 

2. Sephora

Sephora has some killer deals this year. Sephora Black Friday deals are not in abundance, but the deals they offer are pretty sweet such as 10 items for 10 dollars each. These items range from a Bare Minerals Christmas set normally priced at $44 to a Stila Glitz and Glam palette normally priced at $76. Just like Express, Sephora is going to open at 12 AM in most places this year, but check with your local mall to be safe!

3. Best Buy

Best Buy’s specialty is electronics. If you drive around at 8pm on the eve of Black Friday, you will see those deal-a-holics camped out holding their spot in line. A few deals Best Buy has this year includes, 42” LCD flat screen TV’s for $200 and $40 Blu-ray disc players. If you go through Best Buy’s ads and see something you must have, I would be one of the fanatics camping out because the store opens at 12 am this year and the lines could start as early as 7.

4. Macy’s

Macy’s is the department store that caters to quality and affordability. This year Macy’s stores are also opening at 12 am. Their deals range from 20% to 50% on clothing, shoes and bags.

5. Target

Target offers an aray of deals on Black Friday. DVD’s can be found for as cheap as $2, adult pajama sets for $10, laptops for $157, and 46” flat screen televisions for $298. These are just a few of the deals Target is offering this year. Their deals just get better and better every year. If you are looking to pick up presents for your whole family, Target is definitely a store to stop by this Black Friday. Target is planning on opening at 12 AM this year as well.

These quick previews of what these stores are offering this Black Friday will lead you in the right direction. If you decide to explore the sales this Friday, check out the ads before you go out and our Guide to a Successful Black Friday to help you have the best Black Friday experience possible! 

Elizabeth is a senior majoring in American Studies with a concentration in consumer behavior at the University of California, Berkeley. You'll find her at the pool swimming with the Cal club water polo team or running through campus training for the next half marathon. In addition to an active lifestyle, Elizabeth loves to keep up to date with the latest tech trends and is always looking for a new recipe to try out! Elizabeth hopes to pursue a career in public relations and marketing after graduation.